Author Topic: A mystery, can you help?  (Read 3590 times)

Offline elmabullaz

A mystery, can you help?
« on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »
Hey guys - i've ordered my bike from The OG company, but now i'm confused about something!

I decided to go for a WTP Addict 2009 frame cos i wanna do mainly flat with a bit of street, but now i'm confused... This is the bike i ordered,
http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/405

but when i look around, i can't find any other WTP addict 2009 frames that are that colour combination. The official WTP website only has two colours, neither of which are black and white. Can you guys shed some light on this? It's a mystery... where did this frame come from?!

katobmx

Re: A mystery, can you help?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
OG bikes always posts things like WTP blah blah available now.Its weird.maybe theyre a family company like Flybikes and suelo

Offline elmabullaz

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »
So what's the deal, it's not really a WTP addict frame?! I'm confused haha

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »
Title ----> "Tim's custom bike"

Offline elmabullaz

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
Hey man, not sure if i get ya

It's custom yeah, but i've been told the frame of the bike is the Wethepeople 2009 addict, I.E

This http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/357

Which is clearly black with white lines, and is claimed to be a WTP frame, but it doesn't seem like that frame exists anywhere else, 's why i'm confused  :huh:

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
Best thing to do is to email OG. They are all really nice guys. And will get back to you ASAP.

I fully support OG, great company.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

katobmx

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »
Title ----> "Tim's custom bike"
okay i get it know.its simply a custom bike probably limited or one of a kind.People like riders,owners,or close friends of companies can get custom colors from the factory.

Offline elmabullaz

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
Hey, what it means by custom is - i've asked them to put the parts of the OG balance3 on an addict frame -

but yeah that's a plausible explanation, cuz the frame does look like it's the shape of all other WTP addict frames, don't ya think? - i emailed them so they'll probably email me tomorrow : )

Yeah they're dead friendly there, just got confused is all, i thought i read somewhere that WTP don't do custom colours

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »
WTP have done some sick custom colourways in the past. I havnt been on their site recently but there always used to be a whole section dedicated to custom 1offs they done.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.