Author Topic: Old School Reunion by Chad  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Old School Reunion by Chad
« on: June 15, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »
The roots of Flatland run deep and this last weekend was a reminder of just how solid our foundation is. Flatland was born from BMX racing. Some riders were practicing ground moves on their bikes while waiting for the next moto and others that didn’t have access to tracks were hopping and balancing on the street corners. Some just didn’t care to go fast, style and self-expression were more important. The OS-BMX Reunion and Bike Show was a day packed full of all types of riding and hundreds of amazing bikes from past to present.

If you’re interested in where we came from you’ll enjoy checking out the article and some photos of the show.

Budz

Re: Old School Reunion by Chad
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
i LOLd at the purple Laser on the left side of the pic just above the blue RL 20-ll in the foreground.
always hated those Lasers.

most of those other bikes made me mess my pants tho. ^_^
wish i was there!

Offline gibby

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:25:48 AM »
Jimmy was riding hard! I had a pretty good time that day and met a few new faces.  Mike from Austin is a great guy and I'm glad I had the chance to meet him that day. 

Seeing all those old bikes did bring back lots of memories for me.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
I heart the Redline RL 20 II.
Lot of the others look toy like..
Mad Nice collection though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:42:40 AM by Flatlandism »
Flat-ism

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
i LOLd at the purple Laser on the left side of the pic just above the blue RL 20-ll in the foreground.

wish i was there!

Yeah, Lasers...blah.  Budz, do you remember Torker II's or MCS Styler's?  Ugh...they were ugly too. 

The RL-20II was pure beauty.  And I still want a Skyway Street Beat.  Got a nice Dyno though. 
"A puppet no more!"

Budz

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »

wish i was there!

Yeah, Lasers...blah.  Budz, do you remember Torker II's or MCS Styler's?  Ugh...they were ugly too. 

The RL-20II was pure beauty.  And I still want a Skyway Street Beat.  Got a nice Dyno though. 
haha...the MCS Styler was possibly the worst freestyle bike ever made.
it was ridiculously ugly, heavy, and bad geometry. glad the days of super hokey gimmicks are over, although, there has been a slight resurgence of hokey items hittin the market lately...not quite as bad as bitd tho. :P
the Street Beat was/is awesome. i like what Briancorvette did with his...sooo nice! want to ride it so bad! :mellow: