Author Topic: a glitch in the matrix  (Read 4547 times)

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
a glitch in the matrix
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »
something really weird happened during my session yesterday. on friday nights i like to ride in this parking lot in between the cars that are parked because the owner of the liquor store lets me, its right next to a mexican restaurant so the parking lot get filled up all night with people going to eat after a long weeks work.

i'm riding there listening to my ipod and having a good session. of course there's a lot of people walking around having to notice me riding... so some people like it... some people really don't.
some older guy walks to where im riding, stands in between these two cars, lights up a cigarette and starts watching me ride, never said a word, and then left... nothing weird yet. some time goes by and all the sudden some guy comes up to me and tells me he's got a GT performer and asks me if i wanted to buy it... i said no, but thats cool you've got that... you should ride it.

so i keep up my little session and then another different older guy comes up to the exact same spot the first guy watch me ride at, lights up a cigarette, and never said a word. at this point i just think its funny two different people will choose the exact same spot to do the exact same thing. then some more time goes by and some other guy comes up to me and tells he's got a Hutch Trick Star he's trying to sell... i said no thanks, try ebay.

so yeah, i just thought it was a really weird session, anybody ever have something weird like that happen?

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
Re: a glitch in the matrix
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »
haha! Not repeatedly. I had a guy come up to me and ask me if I wanted to buy a GT bolt on bashguard. Of all the things someone would try to sell me... I replied that I had no use for such a part and that in fact nobody uses those anymore. Even funnier is that I already have one of those things laying around somewhere.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Sometimes when i ride down Brighton seafront people ask me to fix there bikes or would i buy their bike.... Even sum cheeky woman sasked me to fix her flat tire... ^_^ In the summer when it's busy i do find people seem to pester me wich is off putting.. :angry:

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »
something really weird happened during my session yesterday. on friday nights i like to ride in this parking lot in between the cars that are parked because the owner of the liquor store lets me, its right next to a mexican restaurant so the parking lot get filled up all night with people going to eat after a long weeks work.

i'm riding there listening to my ipod and having a good session. of course there's a lot of people walking around having to notice me riding... so some people like it... some people really don't.
some older guy walks to where im riding, stands in between these two cars, lights up a cigarette and starts watching me ride, never said a word, and then left... nothing weird yet. some time goes by and all the sudden some guy comes up to me and tells me he's got a GT performer and asks me if i wanted to buy it... i said no, but thats cool you've got that... you should ride it.

so i keep up my little session and then another different older guy comes up to the exact same spot the first guy watch me ride at, lights up a cigarette, and never said a word. at this point i just think its funny two different people will choose the exact same spot to do the exact same thing. then some more time goes by and some other guy comes up to me and tells he's got a Hutch Trick Star he's trying to sell... i said no thanks, try ebay.

so yeah, i just thought it was a really weird session, anybody ever have something weird like that happen?

shoulda bought both of those bikes and sold them for triple on bmx museum or ebay.  trickstars go for a grand easily

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:04 AM »
they were probly just trying to get you to go over to their houses by offering you freestyle bike for sale,   but in reality they just wanted to rape you.
good thing you diddnt take them up on the offer !
 :P
Old dudes can still rip

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:19:28 AM »
so with all these happening, you didnt see the blond woman in a red dress that walked past you? ^_^ ^_^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:55:29 AM by Bomber Moran »

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »
 ;D Yeah should have bought the Trick Star cheap and made a small fortune from it on Ebay. I had a Trick Star back in the early 90s that I bought from a kid for $100 and a front brake. He thought it was worthless because it had a flat tire. He couldn't believe I'd give him $100 for just the frame. You should have scooped that thing up and collected a paycheck.

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 03:58:28 AM »
 People always ask if i can do cherrypickers its like everybody knows what that trick is

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:27:50 AM »
Maybe it was BMX Collectors night @ the Mex Restaurant. :huh:

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »
If you ride there on fridays frequently you are prob just building up a reputation, which means maybe more people will be stopping by for a cig break next week? heheh

If this keeps up you'll have to work out a deal for some free mexican food for attracting more customers.   :beer:

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
lets set up a bench and cig asher. We could sell cigerettes even or trade them for old school parts.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline br79

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
People always ask if i can do cherrypickers its like everybody knows what that trick is

thats because its the best trick...... ever.

comay

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
i get that a lot as well. the place where i ride in Bristol is where the hightest tourist attractions are n i get a group of french people or spanish people taking photos of me all the time. then i get loads of young amature street riders going whooooowha!!!! thats sik!!!!!. also students doing their photography, or mothers who think its cool for their kids. school kids on school trips.
i remember when shine badman came down to bristol we got given a free create of beer cos we ride flatland  :beer:

anyways lol flatland makes me feel specail  ;D