Author Topic: Headset question  (Read 1431 times)

Offline !!SuPerPowerZ!!

• Hitchhiker
Headset question
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:03 AM »
So i have a DK opsis, and i took of my back brakes becuase they broke. I have read alot of posts and i have done as they suggested. Currently my stem is HIGHER than my steer tube by about 1 spacer's height. Its tight and all, but am i doing it right? A person i know says that the stem should be lower than the tube. :huh:

Also, is 1 spacers hieght too much or is it ok?

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Headset question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:18 AM »
If you look at your stem horizontally, you shouldn't see any steerer tube poking out the top. If you do, add a spacer underneath the stem until you dont see steerer tube poking out of the top. This will allow your compression bolt to do its job!

Offline !!SuPerPowerZ!!

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:09:45 AM »
sweet, cool i can't see that thing so all is good.

But is it possible tohave too much room in between? Like a space of 1 spacer? :huh:

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
sweet, cool i can't see that thing so all is good.

But is it possible tohave too much room in between? Like a space of 1 spacer? :huh:

Yes, you can have too much room in between.  You want as much of the stem clamping down on the steerer tube as you can...without going over the top of the stem.  Does that makes sense?

You should be fine with one spacer in there, as long as the steerer tube(the fork) doesn't go over the top of your stem. 
"A puppet no more!"