Author Topic: I GOT MY BIKE BACK!!!!!!!  (Read 8109 times)

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
I GOT MY BIKE BACK!!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »
as some of you know, my bike was stolen off the bus bike racks in february. well, 4 months later, a friend of mine spotted it. i went and got it from this guy's back yard last night.

everything is still the same, i just had to regrease some parts, little lube here and there, and just a quick wash.

i am so f*cking happy, i never expected to get my bike back, let alone all in the same condition.

my list of plans for the next week is to register my bike, and get it insured.
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Offline Luc

• Forkglider
Re: I GOT MY BIKE BACK!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:24:53 AM »
good for you man!  :beer:

Offline LeonBMX

• Funky Chicken
  • Go with the flow, enjoy the ride
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:28:06 AM »
dude you gotta give us all the details on your rescue mission!

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:34:21 AM »
that's great to hear man!  score one for the underdogs!!!

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:35:23 AM »
Congrats Milenko. It woulda been easier to just ask the police to get it back for you, but sometimes you just need to do something different.  ^_^

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:24 AM »
That's awesome man! Too familiar with that crap

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 01:49:06 AM »
f*ck me! someone stole my bike! I just cleaned up the crazy grease job, it was sitting in my back yard over night, wake up and it's gone! Got it from my friend, said he found it on the bus or something...

just kidding...kinda...but seriously if anyone sees my bike hit me up... haha nah congrads on gettin the bike back  :wub:

Offline Chamil

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 02:50:00 AM »
 That's Good! Can you give us more details? I like to listen to Stories!!!! lOL

So what were yo doing for the 4 months that your long lost bike was gone?

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:04:09 AM »
Thats awesome, but seriously, you need to fill us in on the details. Elaborate the story a little bit more.

katobmx

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:01:31 AM »
f*ckIN YEA MAN

Offline diesel1ne

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 05:36:16 AM »
seriously c'mon men, dude steals you bike, its in his back yard, duhh, i have a certian little book that teaches certian little things, dont worry about it, but add revenge to your list F*ck him up, teaches people not to steal no more bikes  :wacko:

seriously guys we have to stop this, teach theese guys a lesson
wait till i get my bike together =D..just wait

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »

GOOD TO HEAR MILENKO
GOOD JOB!

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »
sorry for late replies, i don't have much time to get on a computer so it's a once a day thing.

anyway, after getting in contact with my an old friend who rides trials i met at a bike shop, he told me he knows exactly who has my bike because he recognized it, and was like wtf? so he called me up, and i was like "holy sh*t" because i never expected to see my bike, well over the week i had to wait a bit for him to have time off work so that he could show me where it was at.
well, that night, went to see where his house was. i had to park a few blocks away because i don't want the obvious sound of an engine turning on all the sudden at night.
prowled around looking to see if anyone was awake, and then i spotted my bike right in the back yard. that just shows this guy had no idea what he had. well, surprisingly the backyard gate was unlocked which made things a bit easier. from there, i just went up, snatched my bike, and went back to the truck.

i'm a bit rusty with my riding, but i'll get it back soon. what am i supposed to expect after a 4 month break?

and for those who were curious as to what i was doing and didn't catch my other topics, i've been jumping around states and i went to texas to live with my kid, but i just recently came back to california. texas just wasn't working out for me, and taking care of my kid was too hard because my situation made it impossible for me to move forward with my life and make any money. it sucks being away from my kid, but i know this way makes it so that i will be able to take greater care of her in the future.
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
dude the cost of living in california alone is more expensive than supporting a child in texas.

Congrats on finding your bike tho.

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »
haha i remeber reading that u lost ur bike! cant believe after all the time u got it back, deffonatly keep it locked up from no on
slater