Author Topic: World BMX Battle  (Read 5766 times)

News_Bot

World BMX Battle
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »
Date: 26.07.2009

Keelan Phillips and Lee Musselwhite are holding a comp on 25th and 26th july, its called ´world bmx battle´ and its gonna be huge! The most important thing about this contest is that it is put on by the government (council)-  no companies or sponsors involved, so this is a massive step forward for flatland, the government are fully supporting a flatland event which shows they are now taking flatland as seriously as other sports and paving the way for more flatland. It is going to be bang in the middle of the busy city center of Keelan´s hometown ´Leicester´, free for the public to watch, and held on a weekend where it is very busy in the city. There is gonna be a stage with big tv screens/music etc so its gonna be a huge contest with a huge audience and it will be 1 on 1 battles! There will even be a noise-meter so show how loud the crowd get for each rider!

Offline keelan

• Funky Chicken
Re: World BMX Battle
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »
just a bit more info,qualifying on the sat, every rider will get 2 chances and at the end of sat we need to find the top 8, then top 8 battle it out on sunday for final, prize money for top 8, free entry for every rider, if riders coming from abroad then best airports are nottingham east midlands or birmingham international, but also london airports for 2 choice, im jus tryin to organise a party on the sat night right now, there is a practise area a few mins ride away, but as its in the middle of the busy city center, the actual battle stage has only room for the 2 riders battleing which gives it more of a spectacle for the audience, for any more info just msg me, cheers, keelan

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 01:39:38 AM »
Someone talk me into spending the $924+ its going to cost for a ticket....

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 02:00:39 AM »
Someone talk me into spending the $924+ its going to cost for a ticket....

" the government are fully supporting a flatland event which shows they are now taking flatland as seriously as other sports and paving the way for more flatland" "its gonna be a huge contest with a huge audience"

If you go you definitely won't regret it, money comes and goes but experiences will last forever

Offline keelan

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »
qualifying sat 25th july 11-3, finals sun 26th 4-7
jam area nearby too

Offline MING

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »
Im coming to sunny leicester. Im not entering but is it worth bring my bike for a session?????

Offline randomrob

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
sounds awesome im definately coming good job guys =)))

Offline AleKse

• Forkglider
  • Hmm...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 12:17:16 AM »
hum....what about sleeping places???
I want to come, but I´m lonely and never was in England :rolleyes:
so it could be nice for me to come a few days before  and stay a few days after the contest...I'm a bit late for my organisation but if somebody can help a motivated beginner flatland girl.... -_-