Author Topic: might not get to ride this summer. I need some help  (Read 2922 times)

Offline zraigy7

might not get to ride this summer. I need some help
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:40:06 AM »
Hey everyone! School is letting out in about 2 weeks. I am going overseas in June for the rest of the summer to visit family. There is no way i will pass this chance up to ride in another country. I was wondering how could i get my bike overseas as cheap as possible? It will just be me so, i will have one suitcase of clothes and i can use a smaller suitcase and a duffel bag for bike parts if that works? I need some ideas on what to do. I'm open for any ideas! Also, i have a question about fitness. I am trying to loose some weight but i just hate setting out a planned schedule to do certain exercises. It seems like it is becoming a trend(at least around here) to run/jog and your life revolves around working out. It's like no one has time to do what they enjoy anymore, their main focus is to get in shape when they have no time to live their life. I'm sorry for the rant but i was just wondering if anyone here just goes out and do what they love to get in shape(i.e. Soccer,football.ultimate Frisbee, FLATLAND!)? I noticed that my 3 cousins who are trying to get in shape all have different routines. One jogs. One does P90x. and the other just goes out and has fun. The one who just has fun has seen the most results. Im just thinking that not as many people are doing what they truly want to do. This is life just live it and love it!

Offline diesel1ne

• Cliffhanger
Re: might not get to ride this summer. I need some help
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:31:01 AM »
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=21921.0

chill dude, im going overseas too, and hell yea im guna ride, thanks to this dude  ;D  :beer:
wait till i get my bike together =D..just wait

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
take up rowing, cross country skiing, badminton, swimming, rock climbing, kung-fu, MMA training, gymnastics, or start going to the gym, having muscles to carry around helps you burn fat faster. So does drinking chiled water (you body has to heat itself up again and this burn calories)

just ride you bike, its the most fun
still learning

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
Bring your bike and make it work.

You should pack a small suitcase for your clothes and use the big one for your bike. Where you are going, do they have laundry machines? How about stores that sell clothes?

Offline Spizike13

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »
Ride Flatland its great exercise your burn calories and good cardio workout