Author Topic: Red Bull Flatland Clinic by Matthias  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Red Bull Flatland Clinic by Matthias
« on: May 10, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »
Red Bull Flatland Clinic is over! It took place on saturday and it was awesome! The concept was pretty simple, 4 pro riders that teach tricks to amateurs. There were 50 riders. All of them had to fill a paper with their names, their level (amateur, expert or master), their style of tricks and of course the tricks they wanted to learn today. In this way we ´ve made a pre-districution of the riders. For example Ucchie ride on backwheel, he had mainly backwheel riders. We arrived on the event place this morning and It was HUUUUGGE! A old fashionned warehouse that was customized by Red Bull! It was big enough to receipt the riders, the teachers, and of course the sampling girls! I found out I had to teach tricks to 15 kids. None of them where speaking english... uhhh. But heh, you know when it´s Red Bull there are no problems,I  had a translator all day long with me, so no problem of comprehension. Awesome. The days went like this: 1 clinic of 2 hours, lunch, another 2 hours clinic, and a jam, with many entertaining games like Bunny Hop contest, one wheel contest, relay.. The day finished with a small after party with a quiz on BMX and the photos of the day that was reviewed on a hugescreen. I had a awesome day, all of my student learned one tricks and they were pretty stoked. I can´t wait for the next one!

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Re: Red Bull Flatland Clinic by Matthias
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
Good stuff Matty!
This is the kind of things Flatland need more of.

www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

katobmx

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:20:38 PM »
Good stuff Matty!
This is the kind of things Flatland need more of.

+1

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »
this should be done touring...........excelent idea....now we just need flatland specific parks........
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS

Offline bmx4lif3

• Cliffhanger
  • So-Cal
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
We do have alot of flat specific parks,
the nearest parking garage, lot, or tennis court/basket ball court, or roller hocky rink.

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »
First saw pics of this on matthias' facebook page.  This is amazing!  We need to do something like this in the states (Texas). 

Offline Who-Leo

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:27:51 PM »
This is exactly what i'm working on and it will be out soon!!
“Impulsive and unfiltered communication usually costs our relationships dearly. Saying what we want, when we want isn’t modern at all—it’s Neanderthal”

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »
We do have alot of flat specific parks,
the nearest parking garage, lot, or tennis court/basket ball court, or roller hocky rink.

note parking lot=cars/vehicles,tennis court=tennis,basketball court=basketball,hockey rink=hockey,skateboard park=skateboards,flatpark=???????????

time to start lobbying to get a spot geared to flatland traing/practice/events in each town........life would be easier and riders would be easier to find......just a third world thought....
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS