Author Topic: how to disassemble and fix odsy pcs?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline meanwun

• Backpacker
how to disassemble and fix odsy pcs?
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »
anyone know where I can find a guide for this? I seem to have spilled some dr. pepper in there somehow.lol

as always any hep is awesome and I did try to search for it but found nothing really.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:59:04 PM by meanwun »

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
Re: how to disassemble and fix odsy pcs?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
pedals?

i just regreased one of mine not too long ago.......i had some sand in one of them.

leave your pedal on the crank arm, pop the plastic cap off on the end of the pedal. you'll see a nut in there, i don't think there is enough room to get a socket in there so what i did was wedge a screw drive in there against the nut then just turned the pedal.....the nut should turn with the pedal. pretty easy you just have to watch the bearings as they come out, they are loose and can fall out easily. i would do this over a towel so any bearings that may fall out won't roll away. clean everything good then apply some grease to the race way on the pedals and stick the bearings into the grease, this should hold them in place till you slide the pedal back onto its shaft. use the same process to tighten the nut as you did to loosen it, wedge a screw drive, punch, allen key, anything that will wedge against the nut and pedal.

good luck

Offline meanwun

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:06 AM »
woo thanks pulsar

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 01:16:12 AM »
no problem....