Author Topic: Hombre Fiesta installation... slight issues, unknown little device? check it  (Read 2167 times)

Offline The End

• Backpacker
Hey guys,

I've been starting setting up my front brake, it's a brand new Hombre Fiesta brake, but I found that I got given a rather weird looking piece, which isn't in any Hombre brake pics online, and also that I am given that piece instead of 2 other pieces that are in online pics of the Hombre.

So I got included that piece there^ rather than TWO pieces directly above the turquoise nipple  shown in this picture below: (the circular washer thing and the weird 90 degree offsetted thing)

So does anyone know exactly what it is I have, and what it's meant to do exactly? It's confusing the hell out of me when I'm trying to follow this forum's 'Front brake guide' in the How-To.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:55:56 AM by Gamblerz »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Its the cable stop/barrel adjuster,the flat side goes to the brake arm.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
you dont NEED it though...................

Offline The End

• Backpacker
Thanks

but I feel I'm missing a few pieces. I don't have the two pieces that are above that turquoise nipple in the second picture. 

I do have two of those barrel pieces though?

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
you dont need them either,does the piece thats on the brake have a lil hole through it?

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
hello.................

Offline The End

• Backpacker

^The only other pieces I have apart from the main caliper, are two barrel pieces (between the brake pad and two green/turquoise nipple

None of them are threaded, but both have holes in the sides, for the cable to slide through

But I swear I'm meant to have some threaded part to lock the cable and housing to the caliper?

Offline Hatebreeder

• Backpacker
My Hombres didnt come with that mystery part........I used the 90 degree part with barrel adjuster that your missing to set up my front brake. Where did you buy them from? I got mine from FF.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 02:43:36 AM by Hatebreeder »

Offline Hatebreeder

• Backpacker
Heres some crappy pics.

Offline The End

• Backpacker
Hey, thanks for the clarification.

That 90 degree part is exactly what I'm missing. I bought mine from Pijin, I'll phone 'em up tomorrow to see what's what.

Aside from that, is there anything else I may be missing? I've got the barrel pieces.

Fun fact: Hatebreeder, you and I appear to have identical setups. Yellow Strowler, Ody forks with integrated race, black hombre, Frequency-G. Next I bet you'll tell me you've got a Bamboo rear and 18:9 ratio...  ^_^

Offline Hatebreeder

• Backpacker
HAHA....close.....I have a Tanaka fork......Nankai Techno Lite and 20/9!! Both of my Hombres came with the part your missing so I do have an extra one if you cant get hold of it.

Offline diesel1ne

• Cliffhanger
anyone got hombre springs/caps/, ect. fiesta upgrade hardwear? :huh:
wait till i get my bike together =D..just wait

Budz

anyone got hombre springs/caps/, ect. fiesta upgrade hardwear? :huh:
i found some old fiesta parts.
they are used but still usable.
just let me know exactly what u need, and ill try to help u out.