Author Topic: OLD - Post your bike pics  (Read 869343 times)

Phatman

Re: Post your bike pics
« Reply #1635 on: April 19, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »
Woo! I got $100 and a simple for my old darwin. A hell of a deal if you ask me. I love this thing.

Even good for some techy street  :ph34r:

Strip the anodizing off the sprocket so its Raw like the fork & i think your set. maybe a new stem but i think your bike is awesome.

Offline Positivity

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1636 on: April 19, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
Its kinda funny... I started to make this post to call you a dumb ass for posting a non flat bike in a flat bike pic thread, but then realized that it says "post your bike pics" and says nothing about flat bikes or not... humbug.

I've posted every flatland bike i've had except my current one. Dont feel the need to for some reason. So I posted my current project instead. I realize that its really a post your flatland bike thread though. So what I thought!!

Offline zebkhan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1637 on: April 19, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
is that the old wheelset that came with it or a new one.. it looks nice.. and i loove the sprocket.. foreal tho.. hella nice shwinn

Offline zebkhan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1638 on: April 19, 2007, 11:30:48 PM »

Strip the anodizing off the sprocket so its Raw like the fork & i think your set. maybe a new stem but i think your bike is awesome.

how do you do that?

Offline Rock Force

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1639 on: April 20, 2007, 01:15:08 AM »

Thanks man. But yeah, I've thought about that, I'm just not sure how to do it. Can you get anodizing off with aircraft stripper?

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
« Reply #1640 on: April 20, 2007, 01:34:25 AM »

THIS IS MY BIKE

BRAZILIAN STYLE

Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat

Offline Positivity

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1641 on: April 20, 2007, 01:37:47 AM »
is that the old wheelset that came with it or a new one.. it looks nice.. and i loove the sprocket.. foreal tho.. hella nice shwinn

No, the wheels are being built by a friend of mines. Thats my spare flatland wheelset hahaha.

Offline zebkhan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1642 on: April 20, 2007, 01:43:34 AM »

THIS IS MY BIKE

BRAZILIAN STYLE

is athat a 30t sprocket?

Offline Positivity

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1643 on: April 20, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »

Thanks man. But yeah, I've thought about that, I'm just not sure how to do it. Can you get anodizing off with aircraft stripper?

You have to use a caustic solution. Try to find some Lye, and you need a few spoon fulls of it in some water. Let it sit for about an hour or so. The anodize just melts right off. And no... aircraft stripper won't strip anodize at all.

TJ Perry

« Reply #1644 on: April 20, 2007, 05:32:34 AM »
After a nose wheelie contest with a street rider turned part time flatlander friend named Neil.

I already spoke with quamen about it and apparently it was a problem that was picked up on the G6 and fixed in the G7. I'm glad they went ahead and fixed it because before the frame was in my hands, it was ridden for less than twenty sessions with a guy who only really does hang 5s and whiplashes. I got this frame in Janurary and it lasted me until today... shortest life span of any frame I've ever had.

I wish I could wait until the OG comes out.. but for now I'm just going to order another sinus and when the OG comes out I'll wait a month or two then pick one up because they are awesome.

I just wish I could ride tommorow :(

blindingsun

« Reply #1645 on: April 20, 2007, 11:50:25 AM »
Tj stop throwing your bloody bikes
xxxxxx

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1646 on: April 20, 2007, 12:45:11 PM »
that sucks!
It's poor construction.
Thin tubes, and a design that cant withstand the torsion on the headtube...
Thats what happens when they try to reduce weight.
what a bummer.

Phatman

« Reply #1647 on: April 20, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »
To strip the anodizing use a REALLY strong oven cleaner worked a charm for me!

byke

« Reply #1648 on: April 20, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
TJ, That to me looks like a warranty issue.

I am sure if you contact quamen and explain that you were doing nose wheels and slipped, resulting in the bars being shuved up your ass and causing the frame to crack, that you will be covered since you did what the quamen rep had suggested ;)

blindingsun

« Reply #1649 on: April 20, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
HAHAHAHA