Author Topic: Eric Effinger Interview by Mike S  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Eric Effinger Interview by Mike S
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »
A while ago I read some comments on Global-Flat from back in Canada asking about my mate Eric. I met Eric in Hyde Park, Sydney a few months back, we´ve been riding together quite frequently since then and been at two contests, too. I decided to ask him if it was okay for me to shoot some pics and ask some questions to give the Global-Flat audience a quick update of his life. He said yes, so here we go!

Eric Effinger Interview

Thanks to Michael for the interview and the great photos!

Offline Badman

• Hitchhiker
Re: Eric Effinger Interview by Mike S
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
Nice pics Mike & that was a really nice read. Stoked to see the Hyde Park locals are back again in the summer!

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »
Go Eric Go!!  I guess you did get back into riding like you said you were! That don't happen too often, and riding at the pro level on top of it! Well, don't that beat all?! It'd be great to ride with you again when you come back to Canada! 

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »
haha im someone who was like, you mean Eric Effinger, Eric Effinger? So awesome to know you're still riding! I still think of the days up in canada at ham jam, learning about toques and pooched snotties!
life is short. stunt it.

Offline Tweekend

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting and riding with Eric in Melbourne and Sydney, earlier this year.  He's such an awesome rider, and a real nice bloke, too!! 
Good to see you got a taller seat post, Eric. lol   Hey, we'll have to meet up for a ride when I move to Canada!!   

(Eric at the Australian BMX Games, in Melbourne, Jan 2009.  He placed just behind the legends of Flatland...  Mike Steingraeber and Simon O'Brien.  Well done!!)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:17:43 PM by Tweekend »

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
Yo Eric!!! Glad to see you are doing your thing again!  I also had a longbreak in riding but haven't gotten nearly to the level you have.  AWESOME!  See you round Toronto or Hamilton for some jams this summer?