Author Topic: East Central Reunion Jam  (Read 5195 times)

News_Bot

East Central Reunion Jam
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »
Date: 18.07.2009

Reunion jam for all riders from the east central USA, especially those who competed in Randy Loop´s competitions in the 80s and early 90s.

You´ll need to register here and pay an entry fee to ride in order to help cover costs. THE Kevin Cunningham will be serving as DJ!

The jam is being hosted by Dan Sirkin of Solon Bicycle.

There will be a pre-jam session on Friday night, July 17, at Chenga skatepark in Brook Park, OH.

More information to come at the Elephant Glide site.

See you there!

timk4130!

Re: East Central Reunion Jam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:57:32 AM »
Thanks for officially posting this!   This will be a very fun event!  Hopefully a lot of people/riders can make it out =)

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »
The Prejam at Chenga II was awesome tonight probably 30-40 riders and more coming tomorrow.  We actually rode outside until dark and then moved it inside and rode a few more hours.  So laidback and fun!  Really surprised at the skills all these guys still have! 

brian

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »
Thanks to Dan and Randy.  I had a great time.  Everyone was riding and it was good to see alot of people again.  Thanks for the prizes too!!!

marty

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 08:34:16 AM »
Thanks again to the organizers for putting this on and to EVERYONE that showed up.  WE ALL made it work.  The contests were super cool, everyone was so stoked to be there throwing down tricks old and new.  I never actually saw a Vanderroll in person  until today plus seeing the new school ride ins to accomplish some of the old school "obscure" tricks was cool.  Glad I built up the Suelo Complex for the jam I actually loaned it out to quite a few people over the weekend to bust out.  Danups, Backwards decades, juggling framestands, several guys figuring out the front wheel pedal bike.  Old Dogs and new tricks.  Great turnout too!  Hope to do it again soon.

Brian

Offline hang4

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
yeah what a great time seeing some O.G.s of freestyle lay down some great riding. I met some awesome people and saw so many cool things happen. So many ticks for me to learn!! It was cool to see Tony's 15 year old son Nick pull his first decade on an old school GT too!
Old school, new school...it's all freestyle.

TGK

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »
Ha ha

You said "danups"

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 04:46:14 AM »
yeah what a great time seeing some O.G.s of freestyle lay down some great riding. I met some awesome people and saw so many cool things happen. So many ticks for me to learn!! It was cool to see Tony's 15 year old son Nick pull his first decade on an old school GT too!

Glad you had such a good time!  And I also saw Nick pull that first decade.  Stoked!  Tony told him something to the effect of just opened up a whole new chapter in your trixtionary.  So rad.  Elephant Glide has been blowing up with posts about the jam.  Haven't felt this stoked on flat in a loooong time.  And I haven't watched a new school web edit in a week.

Brian

Offline hang4

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »
How about this...I JUST watched Focus for the first time last night. Had to pull out the VCR and hook it up but it was great video!
Old school, new school...it's all freestyle.