Author Topic: Jomopro recap and thanks  (Read 9149 times)

TJ Perry

Re: Jomopro recap and thanks
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
Thanks Fat Tony and Pat from ff and all the crew from Jomo for making this happen,It truly was with out a doubt a very well put together event.Mad Props to Catfish dude straight up got the crowd involved.Very very energetic,Indy Crew will be back for sure next year,I'll BE BACK with a cleaner run count on it.Straight up love everybody that has flatland OCD,North America Flatland representing so far with Fight with flight,Jomopro,Voodoo.  What What!!!!! P.S Thanks to Mark"RadDad"Dandridge and George for capturing some seriously sweet pics of everybody!!! you guys RULE.          THANK YOU JOMOPRO again for this          Chris Armstrong

i would like to thank you for having the most baller bike at that contest.

complete day glo orange set up? righteous tubular 2 da max  :mellow:.

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »
Work kept me from making this which REALLY SUCKS because I am only about 1 hr away from Joplin. On the positive side, I have a 2nd job working part time in a shop that is largely BMX and all of the "park" guys who work and hang out at the shop were just going on and on about how crazy the flatland comp was. They seemed more stoked on the flatland comp than the park comp. I think they were all really impressed with the level of riding that went down.  Thanks to Hector and crew I didn't have to totally miss out on the comp as I was able to watch the pro finals "live" after I got off of work. :beer:  Sounds as though everyone had a great time and it also sounds as though flatland made a real impression on everyone there.

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
man this contest was awesome... big thanks to pat and fat tony for making this happen and nice to we you both finally. Riding on that floor made me realize that i should probably start riding flatland on a flat spot... it was nice for a change. Out of all the major event i've ever attended i've never had such amazing service at the hotel, free food, couple free drinks, and very nice attendants at the front desk. i got a little scared when i started my trip by forgetting my wallet in ATL, but somehow everything worked out and i had a blast... good times on the riding floor and at the Waffle House with the Joplin creature behind the counter, sorry TJ... we thought it was funny. I'll definitely make it out next year, and i hope more people can make it out, this event is not one to be missed.

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:28 PM »
Thank You! And word up on the pumping Cliffhanger tip,allready starting to get them going nicely.                      PEACE

Offline Chainlinkz

• Chainlinkz
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 07:30:55 PM »
Amazing contest!!! Had a great time. For those who missed it, make plans now for being there next year. You won't regret it I promise! Big props to Pat, Catfish, Fat Tony, Paul and everyone else involved in making it happen.

TJ Perry

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »
good times on the riding floor and at the Waffle House with the Joplin creature behind the counter, sorry TJ... we thought it was funny.

It was a mixture of humor/repulsion for me. I was just so f*cking hungry for waffles that I couldn't even laugh. That thing was one hell of a hambeast though.

Prasheel

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »
I seriously can't believe how much fun I had at this contest!  Everything was near perfect, lots of time so everyone got to ride, and two nice tight jam circles so everyone was just riding and pushing each other.  Cory, Prasheel and I have just been talking about how awesome it was ever since we left.

Thanks again to everyone involved in making this contest happen.  I will not miss next years.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:36 AM »
I seriously can't believe how much fun I had at this contest!  Everything was near perfect, lots of time so everyone got to ride, and two nice tight jam circles so everyone was just riding and pushing each other.  Cory, Prasheel and I have just been talking about how awesome it was ever since we left.

Thanks again to everyone involved in making this contest happen.  I will not miss next years.

Alex forgot to mention he is making his pro debut next year as well. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 01:48:49 AM »
Alex in pro...superfact!  It'll give sh*ttier riders like myself a better oppurtunity to place well.

Again, this contest was awsome.  Thanks to Pat, Fat, Catfish, and everyone else involved in everyway (including attending and supporting).  North American flatland needed something like this at this time, and just being able to make it out and attend has nothing but positivity attached to it.

Everyone at The Bridge/Foundry seemed extremely excited on flatland, and before the finals even started, I was pretty sure they were going to have us back for next year, which it sounds like they are.

I'm still in disbelief that this contest was organized in 6 weeks.  Seriously, that's amazing.  And it wasn't just a good 'organized in 6 weeks' contest, it was a straight up amazing event to attend, and I'm excited to attend next year.

Thanks all!

Prasheel

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:15 AM »
Alex in pro = a hilarious joke.

Offline handspin

• Backpacker
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 02:36:10 AM »
few messy comments in no particular order.. but wait, thanks for making flatland suck less.

so what if tj voted wilhelm. then what would b the tiebreaker?

also, fester mentioned something about a flat tire, what would happen in someone had bike probs during their run?

pat and fat seem to do a lot behind the scenes..

that was the first time i saw a contest "live"... i still don't know what makes a contest good.

how would you compare the crowd vibe at jomopro to the world circuit?

there were definitely some major players missing. puente, brandt never showed. terry was mooning his wife or scott or something. i can understand matthias or kgb w/ monaco, but i guess whatever..

also, can chase judge next time? he would be the best.
S I N C E  2005  | LA | SD | NYC | BOS |  ONE LOVE
¹    ²    ³ 
ʑɚȷʎʇʂ

Offline PMJ Indy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 04:17:02 AM »
Thanks Fat Tony and Pat from ff and all the crew from Jomo for making this happen,It truly was with out a doubt a very well put together event.Mad Props to Catfish dude straight up got the crowd involved.Very very energetic,Indy Crew will be back for sure next year,I'll BE BACK with a cleaner run count on it.Straight up love everybody that has flatland OCD,North America Flatland representing so far with Fight with flight,Jomopro,Voodoo.  What What!!!!! P.S Thanks to Mark"RadDad"Dandridge and George for capturing some seriously sweet pics of everybody!!! you guys RULE.          THANK YOU JOMOPRO again for this          Chris Armstrong

i would like to thank you for having the most baller bike at that contest.

complete day glo orange set up? righteous tubular 2 da max  :mellow:.

I'll second that blingin bike comment.  Chris and I live in the same neighborhood,  on opposite ends,  and I can see it from here,  even when its in his basement.  I'm gonna try to make it to Jomo next year.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 11:54:58 AM »

Congrats Alex on the win, and dont forget your passports next year guys.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
there were definitely some major players missing. puente, brandt never showed. terry was mooning his wife or scott or something. i can understand matthias or kgb w/ monaco, but i guess whatever..

also, can chase judge next time? he would be the best.

True, not all of the major players were there. With 6 weeks notice plus this being a first time event there were a lot of reason for people to not attend. But I was stoked on the turnout we got and it was just about what I expected. Next year will be much different. I dont think any top pro will miss this contest next year.

I would love to had Chase as a judge. He was invited and declined. He is taking a break from that stuff for a while.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

TJ Perry

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »
Guys we need to count our lucky stars. SNOOP from the forums just texted me and told me a Tornado ripped right through missouri narrowly avoiding Joplin. Apparently it was a pretty big one but aside from some rain and hail, Joplin and The Bridge are still standing.

Unfortunately quite a few other people in Missouri and Oklahoma aren't so lucky, so count your blessings guys :(