Author Topic: Justin Miller wins Jomopro  (Read 8361 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Justin Miller wins Jomopro
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »
In what could only be described as EPIC, Justin Miller took first place Saturday night at the very first JoMoPro flatland competiton in Joplin, Missouri, USA.
9 out of 10 riders polled, agreed that this contest was one of the very best they“ve ever seen or participated in. The vibe was electric, the crowd was huge, and riders were going off!  The coverage was also huge with Ride BMX, Fuel TV, The Byke Project and Global-Flat in the house covering every angle.
The first batch of day 2 photos are now posted. Video and full write-up coming soon. Thanks to Hector you can already watch the complete finals on ustream if you missed the livestream.

1st Justin Miller
2nd Matt Wilhelm
3rd Andy Cooper
4th Cory Fester

PS: The organizers of the comp were so blown away by the turnout and riding that they are already planning JoMoPro 2010! Start making plans now!

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Justin Miller wins Jomopro
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
"How come TJ looks so mad all the time?"

AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

gold.

oh yeh, the comp looks nuts - lots of people in the crowd, the vibe looks sik!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:48:42 PM by EZChris »
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
Justin's run was so so so so so sick. Kept going and going! :P

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »
It was absolutely incredible being able to watch the event live on uStream last night.  Huge, HUGE thanks to Hector and The Byke Project for hooking that up.

Big congrats to Andy Cooper for grabbing 3rd!  Indy represent!

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »
It was absolutely incredible being able to watch the event live on uStream last night.  Huge, HUGE thanks to Hector and The Byke Project for hooking that up.

WOO!!!  Andy Cooper!!!!!!!! 

Thanks Byke Project!  You guys can still check out all the footage I believe at byke projects ustream page.  Go there and watch!  The crowd was PUMPED and so loud you couldnt hear Catfish (because Catfish was going nuts too!)  It was very impressive. 

I am a bit upset to see that no foreign riders came.

They sit and say how North American's dont show up to their events and how their scene is huge and how they have all these events.  Then when N.A. has a HUGE event that is ground breaking for flatland, not one of them show up!?  But there will probably be half a dozen videos saying come to Ninja Spin, or KOG or whatever.  Look at how many N. American's will be at these events.  I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....

Offline handspin

• Backpacker
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »
tough matchups to judge: art vs andy, aaron vs cory but andy's win is well deserved hitting his tricks.

i was blown away by justin's second round run pulling a massive series of quick links in tow.

it looked like matt had less touches going into the final and justin kinda fell apart so i'm not sure how he won. then again, this is from the choppy streaming vid and justin might have pulled more stuff than could be seen from the web. but from our vantage point, justin just wasn't as crisp and flippy as usual while matt just kept going like the energizer bunny.

the crowd definitely dug matt's showboating superfast spins, but i guess TJ had the tiebreaking decision in the only non-unanimous vote of the finals (2-1) for justin. it's all good though, justin definitely could use the purse more.

next time the organizers could really work out the delay issues and conflicts with the park finals.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:48:24 PM by handspin »
S I N C E  2005  | LA | SD | NYC | BOS |  ONE LOVE
¹    ²    ³ 
ʑɚȷʎʇʂ

KHE King

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 05:51:58 PM »
sarge. missou would have been an expensive  mission for a 1-2 day event. no int'l airports nearby. 

also, I dug justins win because as good as matt was,  he did his usual highspeed spins. maybe 1-2 or 3 new tricks.  jus was more upto date. it was obvious who tj would vote for.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »
From what I heard the park contest just took longer than expected.  They still got it down and everything worked out well!  Also, there were 4 judges... so it wasn't 2-1, it was 3-1, so I dont know what TJ has to do with anything...

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »

Then when N.A. has a HUGE event that is ground breaking for flatland, not one of them show up!?  But there will probably be half a dozen videos saying come to Ninja Spin, or KOG or whatever.  Look at how many N. American's will be at these events.  I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....

I think the current global social and economical climate has alot to do with it - what with this worldwide recession jetting to the other side of the world isn't high on many peoples prioritys.

But yeh, the live footage was SICK

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 06:14:40 PM »
^ Well, Matt, Terry and others plan on making it to the contests overseas.... so....???

TJ Perry

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
it looked like matt had less touches going into the final and justin kinda fell apart so i'm not sure how he won. then again, this is from the choppy streaming vid and justin might have pulled more stuff than could be seen from the web. but from our vantage point, justin just wasn't as crisp and flippy as usual while matt just kept going like the energizer bunny.

the crowd definitely dug matt's showboating superfast spins, but i guess TJ had the tiebreaking decision in the only non-unanimous vote of the finals (2-1) for justin. it's all good though, justin definitely could use the purse more.

Both of them touched a bit in the final battle. I didn't have the "tiebreaking" vote though. The only person who didn't vote for Justin was Lee. It was a really really hard battle to judge though.

Great contest. In his battle with Cory Fester Justin seriously hit the longest link I've ever seen anyone do in a contest. It was f*cking intense.

Offline eight

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 08:22:05 PM »
Thanks again to Hector for streaming the event, very appreciated!

The event was fun to watch. Chatting with the other viewers was fun, too. Hope to see y'all again next time. :)

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
it was great watching live and chatting with the 65 people in the room! Thanks a ton hector! Someone needs to do this at riveria ninja spin!

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 09:13:33 PM »
^ Well, Matt, Terry and others plan on making it to the contests overseas.... so....???

Yeh, I guess its differnt for everyone, some sponsors may not be prepared to pay for some riders to travel if the coverage/winning arnt enough I guess (not saying Jomopro was small time - I have no idea what the pro purse was)

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 11:42:28 PM »
haha i had so much fun in the chatbox, talking sh*t with everybody haha