Poll

The winner is Iriez!

Iriez
24 (85.7%)
HellzCat
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: ROUND1 Begginer battle group. OVER. Winner- Iriez.  (Read 64081 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: Begginer battle group
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
The problem that I have of saying that I have been riding for 4 years and 4 months is that even though this is a flatland forum, I still don't just ride flatland.  I have been riding on and off for 24 years.  When I call myself a "rider", I mean I ride everything.  Vert too...if you have it.  Hmmm...I don't know.  You have an interesting view on this. 

I like your ideas on voting and the classifications of riders.  That would be a good way to go about it.  Good stuff...

Speaking of G-turns...I miss Dennis McCoy riding flat.
"A puppet no more!"

Iriez

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:38 AM »
The problem that I have of saying that I have been riding for 4 years and 4 months is that even though this is a flatland forum, I still don't just ride flatland.  I have been riding on and off for 24 years.  When I call myself a "rider", I mean I ride everything.  Vert too...if you have it.  Hmmm...I don't know.  You have an interesting view on this. 

I like your ideas on voting and the classifications of riders.  That would be a good way to go about it.  Good stuff...

Speaking of G-turns...I miss Dennis McCoy riding flat.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply to say that you've only been 'riding' 4 years 4 months, just that you've 'ridden flat' 4 years and 4 months. What you do while you ride flat (vert, street, extreme pogo'ing) doesnt matter, as long as your riding flat!

I dont miss McCoy's flat at all....or his g-turn's ....because he implemented them so good in the park!!! I remember him doing 720 tailtap's then would ride down the ramp in a fakie nose manual...god that was killer.

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
im going to put the video up tonight, I will film today and have it up by the after work rush hopefully. I was going to do it yesterday, but got too high.
I'd rather have AIDS than buy another Nankai.

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »
alright, here it is, I didn't get my foot on the pedal on the steam, and couldn't pedal to save the pedal megaspin, but I had very little to work with, it was basically 2 or 3 attempts, the Camera had very little space on it.

Round 1 Global Flat Video

the beard

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »
Addison, that video was f*cking awesome!
Personally, I love seeing "almost landed" stuff at the very outer limits of skillset, but you hit a couple good tricks as well. I like the fact that you try to go big. In time, you'll be pulling that stuff.
Is it possible to contact Team Pralex Headquarters to get me one of those shirts, or is that just a team thing?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:30:52 AM by prana »

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »
haha thanks man, that t-shirt is not in production, but expect a pralex Tshirt to come out soon!

Here's the youtube version for the Vimeo-challenged

Riding Video Small | Large

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2009, 01:34:36 AM »
Addison!  Goddamn I f*cking love you dude!  Lots of progress since TX and TO, soooo stoked on your video!  I can't stop using exclamation marks!  Aaahhhhhhh!

PS: I got a new Devil Wears Prada hoodie this weekend...such a good movie.

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2009, 01:37:23 AM »
I really hope you got the band "the devil wears prada" hoodie, so that you can then hate promoting a metalcore band, and sell it to me.

TJ Perry

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2009, 03:26:56 AM »
dude pull up your pants jesus christ.  :huh:

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2009, 03:31:53 AM »
They fall down, I try to keep them up, it gets tiring, at least my boxers match the bike

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2009, 04:03:35 AM »
Don't worry about yo britches man...remember, to be "hardcore", you must not worry about fashion!   I kid, I kid.

Hang-fives are coming a long nicely.  Good video, man. 

Oh, and there's no room in flatland for metal or anything core...especially, hardcore. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:07:44 AM by tod.borndead »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline AddisonM

• Backpacker
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2009, 04:05:00 AM »
hahah hey I try my best to not bash music on here, it's a hot button issue to me, these dudes are from my area, I love them, so good live.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:59 AM »
hahah hey I try my best to not bash music on here, it's a hot button issue to me, these dudes are from my area, I love them, so good live.

Man, I love me some music too!  Metal and hardcore are the only things that touch my I-Pod.   
"A puppet no more!"

Prasheel

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:59 AM »
God I love you Addison.  Awesome progression!!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2009, 04:52:14 AM »
Way to rock Addison! Yeah your hang 5 has trippled in length since you were here in Texas. You were really going for it that was great!!!

Keep on Riding!