Author Topic: CFO Flatland Unlimited 5 - Pro Video up now!!!!!!  (Read 6631 times)

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
CFO Flatland Unlimited 5 - Pro Video up now!!!!!!
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »
Well here it is!  My edit of the CFO FU5 - Pro contest!  Enjoy and let me hear your comments!  Hopefully, despite some of the negativity that has come out lately about the contest, some of this footage can be seen as a positive!  The event is still amazing, and even with some grumblings on how things can or cannot improve, great riding still goes down!  Hope to see more of all of you there next year!

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
Re: CFO Flatland Unlimited 5 - Pro Video up now!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »
I apologize for it being a tad on the long side, but I didn't find that there was anything I could take from it.  I wanted as much of the riding to be shown as possible.  I have some more footage that I may throw together at another time.  Be sure to check out the final bomb by Justin Miller!  Thanks!

katobmx

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
great job stevey. its long because you had good footage. dane is just smooth. miller's last trick really is mind blown. Did chase ride? Any one catch any footage?

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »
Some people may have filmed chase.  I didn't.  I was busy watching him.  Sometimes it is better to just drop the camera and watch for real ya know!

katobmx

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:05:27 AM »
I feel you.man I'd probably just sit there and just drool.

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:40:13 AM »
Thanks for putting together this edit and posting it.  That's awesome, enjoyed it very much.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 03:01:51 AM »
Thanks, it only my 3rd edit and this one took me awhile to get done, glad you liked it!  I am impressed myself and have probably watched it like 10 different times throughout editing and each time I'm blown away by the riding!

TJ Perry

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 03:30:54 AM »
Everything transitioned rather well, the riding was INSANE. Dane is seriously one of my favorite riders and I envy how much bike control he has. I think you should pick some more upbeat tracks, everything had that Hamilton Ontario circa 2000 "I've been listening to a lot of Amon Tobin" vibe to it, which  I like at times, but that was a hype contest that needs some hype songs:)

Stoked on it though and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you putting together a video from the contest!

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 04:09:06 AM »
Hey what kind of frame is Shintaro riding now?  Is he off of Quamen?

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 05:24:19 AM »
I liked Shintaro's track...he's got it rollin!

N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Thanks for the comments TJ!  Shintaro is riding a Colony Cube frame.  Also, I had a tough time trying to pick some music for the video and may change it at some point.  I used Radiohead for the first song, Sage Francis instrumental for the second and "My Guru" by Anandji; Kalyanji from a surfing soundtrack. 

but thanks for the criticism and hope to improve on my next video edit...

TJ Perry

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments TJ!  Shintaro is riding a Colony Cube frame.  Also, I had a tough time trying to pick some music for the video and may change it at some point.  I used Radiohead for the first song, Sage Francis instrumental for the second and "My Guru" by Anandji; Kalyanji from a surfing soundtrack. 

but thanks for the criticism and hope to improve on my next video edit...

Try to get up in the practice area before the contest too. Ask people if they mind being filmed first of course, but you can get MUCH better footage that way, and you save tape by not having to film everyones contest runs that in many cases people have seen before. Often times if you just ask people will do something OTHER than their contest runs. Pros ride for exposure for their sponsers, so if you're up in their face with a camera offering to give them that, they really have every incentive to pull a few tricks for you:)

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
Yeah I hear ya, thanks for the advice.  Hopefully I can make it to JoMoPro!

Prasheel

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 04:30:25 PM »
Steve, I just realized this is your second video you've made, and it is ridiculously well done, really hope you make it out to JoMoPro, your coverage is awesome!

Offline retardedroadruderocker

• Forkglider
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 01:52:06 AM »
you look completly stupid because you donīt wear a helmet. (Quote i got from a mtb forum)
Doin nothing harms.
Acting as them is a crime.
Making plans is a waste of time.
Only riding makes a difference.