Author Topic: Kevin Jones...  (Read 9561 times)

Offline southbanktramp

• Funky Chicken
Kevin Jones...
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »

TJ Perry

Re: Kevin Jones...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »
Who cares? We never see footage of it. Just the elusive picture every now and then. If it's not on video it doesn't matter.

Offline southbanktramp

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »
oh you're a merry old soul ^_^ Plenty goes on in this world that is not on video that matters...

KHE King

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
tj doesnt like kev.   lolz

TJ Perry

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »
tj doesnt like kev.   lolz

No, wrong. I do like Kevin. I like his riding and I like him on a personal level.

If nobody films Kevin, it doesn't matter what he pulls to anyone except Kevin. Period.

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »

If nobody films Kevin, it doesn't matter what he pulls to anyone except Kevin. Period.

It matters to me. Exclamation mark.  :P
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
It matters to me. Exclamation mark.  :P

You know, I'm beginning to believe that I missed a memo that was sent out to flatlanders in the early 90's that said if you face a certain direction at a certain time of the day, you didn't need to watch dorkin videos to know what Kevin was doing. it was just in the wind or some sh*t and you absorbed their influence from like.. staring at the sun or something. I'm not sure this is what it said exactly, but it sure sounds like I'm onto something.

As the saying goes, video or it didn't happen.  :wub:

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:10:09 PM »

As the saying goes, video or it didn't happen.  :wub:

History prior to the 1870s would beg to differ, but I get it...

TJ Perry

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »

I'm a history major so I think I know what you're trying to say, but it doesn't really matter either way. If Kevin lands a new trick and never tells anyone, and never films it, it never happened just as if an event occurred at any point in time and nobody made any record of it. It just.. disappears. So... my statement still stands. 

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »

I'm a history major so I think I know what you're trying to say, but it doesn't really matter either way. If Kevin lands a new trick and never tells anyone, and never films it, it never happened just as if an event occurred at any point in time and nobody made any record of it. It just.. disappears. So... my statement still stands. 

That's cool, but it sounds more like a philosophical stand point, and therefore wide open for interpretation...i.e. trees falling in the woods. Tough to reconcile, but I'd lean towards the "if an event happens, it happens" line of thinking. Proof of the event does not in one way or the other alter that fact. Of course the same argument could be used to prove the opposite...aw cr@p, who am I kidding, I don't really care...

TJ Perry

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
I'm not debating whether Kevin did or did not do a trick. I'm debating whether or not it's relevant without a means to prove that he actually did it outside of word of mouth. There is a distinct difference.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody got hit with it on the way down, does it really matter?

Budz

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 11:22:36 PM »
TJ, do u believe that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, that it doesnt make any sound? :rolleyes:
chances are if someone said Kev did it-he did it. if theres a picture of him doing it-he did it.
history has proved the KJ tricks rumors true. he isnt the type of person who would POSE a picture, or falsify a statement that he did something on his bike that he didnt really do.

if thats ur way of thinking, then since there is no video of u in your history class, u are not a history major. doesnt make sense does it?

i think u just need a hug dude. ;D

*edit-thats so weird...all the tree falling references while i was typing my post.haha.
"weird wild shtuff! yess! haha"!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:24:24 PM by Budz »

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 11:28:16 PM »
thanks goodness deforestation will soon render the "tree falling in the woods" analogy useless

Offline Luc

• Forkglider
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 11:40:24 PM »
if there is no living organism around capable of hearing said tree when it falls, then no, it doesn't make a sound, it makes a vibration. sound is our interpretation of that vibration (im well aware im talking out my ass, im just joking.

I agree with TJ however, video or it didn't happen(or doesn't count).

TJ Perry

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »
TJ, do u believe that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, that it doesnt make any sound? :rolleyes:
chances are if someone said Kev did it-he did it. if theres a picture of him doing it-he did it.
history has proved the KJ tricks rumors true. he isnt the type of person who would POSE a picture, or falsify a statement that he did something on his bike that he didnt really do.

if thats ur way of thinking, then since there is no video of u in your history class, u are not a history major. doesnt make sense does it?

i think u just need a hug dude. ;D

*edit-thats so weird...all the tree falling references while i was typing my post.haha.
"weird wild shtuff! yess! haha"!

How about you try reading what I said and then get back to me. i never claimed he couldn't do it. I never claimed he lied about it.

My point was that if it never gets any exposure it doesn't matter to anyone but Kevin.