Author Topic: pedal inserts  (Read 4577 times)

Offline khelagger

• Backpacker
pedal inserts
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
One of my cranks arms is stripped, is there any way to buy steel pedal inserts for it?

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: pedal inserts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:25:31 PM »
stripped from the pedal or the axle?

either way your kinda screwed  :P
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »
^^First read, then reply.
--
Anyway, depending on how the arm is stripped, you can have the thread helicoiled or just equipped with a custom steel insert.

If you're lucky, you may have cranks that already came with steel inserts that just need to replaced and you are good to go again.

Post what cranks do you have.

Offline slimp

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:24:12 PM »
I remember a while back, when people were having problems with those bizhouse arms, there was a user on here that would put a helicoil in your crankarm for a small fee, or was that on pedal? I can't remember, maybe someone else remembers

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »
^^First read, then reply.
--
Anyway, depending on how the arm is stripped, you can have the thread helicoiled or just equipped with a custom steel insert.

If you're lucky, you may have cranks that already came with steel inserts that just need to replaced and you are good to go again.

Post what cranks do you have.

I did.. i just couldnt make much sense of the post  :P
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:44 AM »
See if your local bike shop can order you pedal inserts from one of the major distributers: QBP, System Cycles, Tip Plus (All US Distributors). Actually Tip Plus may be your best bet because Tip Plus = Primo

Good Luck !

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:17:39 PM »
 I got a helicoil kit from napa,came with a tap too , it was like 65$ but the pedal fit extremely tight in the helicoil, plus they dont come in the left hand threads, so you should def try to find one from a bike company.. Other then that its easy just drill ,retap and screw the helicoil in..Then again you might end up spending as much $ on the helicoils, tap ,etc as you would on a replacement arm..