Author Topic: backwards hang 5 = I hate ur guttz  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
Re: backwards hang 5 = I hate ur guttz
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
Like Claude, I squeak into them from a fw hang-5.

My buddy, AB, g-turns them and I'm baffled.  :huh:

I'm riding park this weekend and I will learn hang-5 flyouts.

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
You know what I found funny about this thread?

I learned backwards hang fives by repeatedly forgetting to grab my brake while learning squeakers. I just learned them at the same time. And I have no idea how to accurately describe doing them other than "do a squeaker and then stop grabbing the brake and stepping on the tire." And that's not helpful at all.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 07:08:13 AM »
I don't know why everyone thinks the backwards one is harder...they are way easier for me.  I learned them from squeakers before there was a hang-five.  I mean, I just called them rolling squeakers.  The only advice I could give you is...speed.  I think hang-fives are easier with speed...the same for backwards.  When I would do forward ones, carve into a backwards one and then KICK the tire one good time to keep some speed.

Also, this might be in another thread...but since i'm on the subject.  Does anyone think that hang-fives are easier with your seat lower?  I know the trend today is to run them so high that they are stuck up a birds ass...but seriously, I still think the balance point seems more natural with a lower seat.  Anyone care to comment?
"A puppet no more!"