Author Topic: Bunnyhops and Tanaka's  (Read 8227 times)

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
Bunnyhops and Tanaka's
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:25:06 AM »
Going to start throwing bunnyhop practice into my list o' practice tricks...I wanna work my way up to a hop 180, because they are just plain sexy.  ;D

Anyway, I heard somewhere they bent tanakas bunnyhopping up curbs....if thats the case, I think I will try to trade mine for something stronger.  I hope that they aren't that weak though...soo I guess I am asking if they can take many bunnyhops daily.  I just learned hops today lol late start I know but now I wanna keep working on them.

Thanks for any help.  -_-

Offline subscene

• Backpacker
Re: Bunnyhops and Tanaka's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:27:24 AM »
umm idk about daily but I was doing 180's for a lil while... how much do you weigh? that will be a factor...

Iriez

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:55:28 AM »
The eff?

There are like 10+ flatland moves that will put more stress on your frame than a simple 180 bunnyhop. If your flat frame cannot take such a simple trick, then you should DEFINITELY trade it in for something else, purely on the principal that you should endorse quality manufacturing.

Now, if your doing 6+ stairgaps on your flat frame, then we can start talking about reasonable abuse. Other than that, you should be fine.

PS - I broke my top gyro today doing 180 tailtap to decades. Effing pissed me off, almost broke my knuckle cauz the effer snapped so the lever went all the way to the bar and smashed my knuckle! Damn thing snapped between the lever and the top adjuster piece of the gyro of all places.

Offline Mojo @ Osnabrück/Münster

• Backpacker
  • ride flatland!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »
The eff?

There are like 10+ flatland moves that will put more stress on your frame than a simple 180 bunnyhop. If your flat frame cannot take such a simple trick, then you should DEFINITELY trade it in for something else, purely on the principal that you should endorse quality manufacturing.

Now, if your doing 6+ stairgaps on your flat frame, then we can start talking about reasonable abuse. Other than that, you should be fine.

PS - I broke my top gyro today doing 180 tailtap to decades. Effing pissed me off, almost broke my knuckle cauz the effer snapped so the lever went all the way to the bar and smashed my knuckle! Damn thing snapped between the lever and the top adjuster piece of the gyro of all places.

lol dude he was asking bout the fork, not the frame ;D

Offline Medvedev Ivan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
No problem with Tanaka! :beer:
I ride on Tanaka 2 ears, makin 180, 360, banihop, tailwhips... and banuhop tu futjam on parapet 30-40 cm tall. And NO ANY PROBLEM! Tanaka is whery strong fork, ride a Justinn Miller coment about Tanaka on khebike.com :mellow: Tanaka more strong than KGB Space 06 (1kg weight)! Tanaka much well caunting, in her no have meny metal so she such light. riding on her you not brouken them! So she much thingwall and be afraid the blow and rusts. My friends from Russia rolled in rain and she beside it rusts:

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
It will hold up, look for the recent version that is 20/20 heat-treated, its stronger than the original ones.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 12:06:03 PM »
umm idk about daily but I was doing 180's for a lil while... how much do you weigh? that will be a factor...
I only weight 135 lbs...

Thanks guys.  I think it will be fine, I cant bunnyhop very high anyway  ^_^

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »
rode tanakas for almost 8 months now . done front pogos many times and the occasional miami hopper on them , 180's too. there is some springiness to them but held up so far.
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
ok, but if you break your fork, don't say "KHE is sh*t"
Tanakas are for flatland, Bunnyhop is not flatland.
BTW good luck with your 180's !

Offline Flatasy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
ok, but if you break your fork, don't say "KHE is sh*t"
Tanakas are for flatland, Bunnyhop is not flatland.
BTW good luck with your 180's !

I couldn't agree with you more. Those are old school flatland freestyle tricks. The Tanaka forks were made for rolling/spinning/turbining tricks.

Nesquik, I might give you just one hint: today's lightweight parts should be ridden more delicately - a modern lightweight flatland bike is not a tank and you can't treat it as one. :ph34r:

Tanaka forks

Left dropout

Right dropout

These should get you thru the day:

http://flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1239
http://flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=684

-Andy

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:36:38 PM by AWA »

quad_simmons

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »
oh look
another KHE product broke

that never happens

katobmx

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
180 tailtap to decade Nice! :mellow:

Odyssey forks are warrantied(41 thermal too) Some guy on the forum had a friend that rode heavy street on them. I guess get the new ones :ph34r:

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 02:37:24 AM »
 I had ody flat forks for like 5-6 years and street on them too, best forks I ever had.They will definately hold.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 02:47:37 AM »
Get you a pair of Oddy forks...they are built to last!  If you can't afford the Oddy forks...you sure as hell can't afford the hospital bills when you snap your Tanaka forks.  Please be careful.  I refuse to ride most flat frame and forks.  Hell, most flat parts too. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Advanced Projects

• Forkglider
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »
my friend wall rides with tanakas and there still perfectly straight and another one got hit by a car and the barelly bent
I ride for myself and no one else. What more can i say, flatland all the way.