Author Topic: looking at a paris 2  (Read 2445 times)

Offline jumpman2334

• Backpacker
looking at a paris 2
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »
ok, i made a thread like this before a few months ago, and i shortly after snapped my tib and fib, and i havent really been on a computer much since. and its gunna be a while before i can get back on a freestyle bmx bike, ive been riding one for years... and i decided to take a new direction... in flatland... i had  a crapy flatlland bike setup.. and i liked it a lot.. i sucked at it, but it was fun!

anways... i was looking at getting a paris 2 frame, since there on sale at FF.... until i saw this... now im concerned.. help? tips? thanks alot!

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=24099.0
fsu666ftw

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant

Offline jumpman2334

• Backpacker
Re: looking at a paris 2
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »
yeah i seriously just saw that a few minutes ago. im not stoked on this frame as much anymore... im looking at getting the simple 3... i know fly bikes produces legit stuff. so suelo shouldnt be any exception.
fsu666ftw

Offline Flatasy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »

Offline Hatebreeder

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »
If your worried about breaking a frame....just buy a Strowler. Check the market place...I know I saw one there for sale.  ;D

Offline jumpman2334

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
Simple 3, huh? Nice frame...

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=16357

the funny thing is, on suelos site, they say theyve only gotten one broken frame ever, and thye suspected it was used for street riding... haha

but i read that a longgggg time ago.
fsu666ftw

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »

the funny thing is, on suelos site, they say theyve only gotten one broken frame ever, and thye suspected it was used for street riding... haha

but i read that a longgggg time ago.

wait, you mean the people that make and sell the frame are saying that their frame is a sound safe investment??

Offline jumpman2334

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
no, i just read it on their news post ting when they came out with the simple 2 or 3...

and i emailed FF and this is what they had to say about the paris 2
"The Paris2 is an incredible value. The only negative on that frame for a beginner is no rear brake mounts. Personally I think rear brakes are a good idea for a beginner because there are so many tricks to learn with them. But many beginners no are starting out without rear brake and if that is your intention you cant go wrong with the Paris2. Since you have been riding street and park for a while you probably have a pretty good idea of what you want to do anyway."

he said nothing about it breaking or holding up to a beginner... i am so confusedd! haha
fsu666ftw

Offline automaton

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:18 AM »
FF has Strowlers on sale for $149. I've yet to hear of anyone breaking those. The Strowler weighs about 2 pounds more. It's worth the extra weight I'd imagine. Two pounds is hardly noticeable for a frame that likely won't snap on you.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 07:50:50 AM »
dont get put off by suelo as my frame is the only one on here to break and from the simplist bail too. There was a problem with the metal and it was just to weak in that area and with the weild in that area too made it super weak.

But over than that bend and brake its a very good frame. Lots of khe's have broke but Ive only seen mine on here break
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!