Author Topic: Help me with new bike  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Heim

Help me with new bike
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:16 PM »
Hi!

I'm going to buy a new bike but I need help with a few things.

The bikes i'm looking at are:
1. OG Balance3 with front brake only (http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/65)

2. OG Vegar's bike (http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/241)

3. KHE, Militant LT (http://cyclecomponents.se/cgi-bin/air_ibutik.fcgi?funk=visa_artikel&artnr=KHE9013-MB&avd=3&Ref=&artgrp=3089&visa=1-32&Sort=Beskr&Visn=Std20)

4. KHE, DaFunction -08 (http://cyclecomponents.se/3/sv/artiklar/bmx/cyklar//khe-dafunction-08-bmx-bla.html)

I'm 6 feet tall or 183cm. I think the Militant LT looks good but maybe it's to short for me? It has 18.5" TT. The OG bikes has 18.75" TT. Don't know about the DaFunction.

I would like the Balance3 but it has hi-ten steel frame. Will it hold up?

I guess the Vegar's bike is the best bike but it's a little more expensive than the others.

The prices for each bike with shipping for me is (calculated everything to US dollar):
1. 432 USD
2. 757 USD
3. 500 USD
4. 475 USD

//Henrik

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Help me with new bike
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »
I'd get the balance 3. Good bike at a good price with free shipping inside Europe.
Hi tensile frames just require thicker tubing than chromoly to equal its strength. This means hi tensile frames don't usually have thin tubing, so there is little to worry about. You can just upgrade the frame to a Kunfu as you get better if you like.  ;D

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
yeah carl is right, i would definetly go with balance 3 :beer: :beer: :beer:
but if u have some extra money than vegars bike ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:48:10 PM by mare »

Offline Medvedev Ivan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
I agree with mare  :beer:
About KHE Militant: no problem whis TT (I'm 187 ride 18,6" and like 18-18,4") the front wheel trick is moor fast and easier torn frame. But the HA on Militant is 75,3 i think it's much uncomfortably! :huh: And dont by DaFu!!! ^_^ So havy, uncomfortable, bad equipped! And frame on the middle of top tube can brouken with out loads (factory mistake)!!! So I advise: OG Balance3 or OG Vegar's bike (would be better)

g-man

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
militant

Offline It's like that

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
I have a Militant LT. Got it from the same site, cyclecomponents.se  :beer: You're from Sweden too?

I'm 180cm tall and it works great for me. It's easy to do pump tricks and its easy to do switches cause its so small and light. You have full control.  :mellow:

Works fine for lighter street riding, I've been doing 360 tyre taps and 180 slides without breaking the frame.

And it looks awesome, WAY better than the OG balance, which looks like its from the 90's or something if you ask me

Offline Heim

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 04:02:26 PM »
Thanks for your answers. Still don't know what bike to get.  :P But I guess it will be the Balance3 or Militant LT.

Xeli: Yes I'm from Sweden, Eskilstuna. :) I think the Militant looks better than the Balance3 too. :P

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
free shipping inside Europe.
dont forget that 4 ogs bikes

Offline Heim

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
I know it's free shipping :) It's more expensive for me to buy Euro now so OG bikes costs almost 20% more to buy now than last year. I was going to buy the Balance3 last year but they were sold out then.

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
I would go with the militant lt

Plenty of room to go heavier/lighter depending on preference. Well built bike, quality. The other bikes just have a "too old" appeal to them. Also, frames with too many bends in them are just weak if you ask me.

I ride a cyphr because I prefer straight tubes, I have a tendency to ride a little tough with my stuff and it holds up very well.

Just remeber, quality manufacturers that have experience build the best stuff and those with the best warranty probably have a better piece of equipment and they know it!!
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 06:59:34 PM »
OG

Everything else is inferior.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.