Author Topic: KHE militant LT  (Read 7822 times)

Offline soad

KHE militant LT
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
opinions? what does everybody think about it?

im 99% sure im going to get it.

im just not sold on the handlebars, the lack of rear brakes(i ride my bike to places as well, saves gas) and gyro.(whats a decent gyro, the odyssey one, what about that snafu one)

the color is pretty lame too.

i never rode a watanabe seat either. are they pretty alright?

joelweevil

Re: KHE militant LT
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
plastic seats are booty hurters any way you slice it, however on a whole, the lt appears to be a pretty solid bike. the frame is cro-mo, and "most" riders nowadays don't run rear brakes, so at least you have the option because it has mounts and tab holes drilled out. color is ancillary-a can of krylon can change that. overall, not a bad choice.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »

I went to FF and looked at it, and at first I was gonna say consider the OG Balance 3 (which comes with front and back brakes) for that price...but with a cromo frame and 3-pc cromo cranks, I think the KHE is the right choice for you. 

It's nice that they made it back brake compatible.  Any brake and gyro they have at FF will be fine.  If the handlebars it comes with aren't cromo, I would go ahead and upgrade right away, for less weight and more strength.

For the record, I like the color.  Nice and understated.

Offline Medvedev Ivan

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
soad +1 :beer: :beer: :beer:
You are a rights!

Offline zay

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
First, this is my first flatland bike, im not a pro so my opinion could be wrong...
the plastic seat is uncorfortable but who cares; just sometimes it's hurting leg for whilsplash.
I was afraid of peg (plastic too) it still alive :p

2 month of riding with this bike and no problem

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »
i personally like the color, but w/e, personal preference.

honestly, as far as riding places goes, you can do what i do sometimes for fun and just as your riding (sitting on the seat, so you don't flip), you can just coast with your foot next to the fork, and when you wanna slow down/stop just jam your foot in thar.

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 03:08:11 PM »
a driend of me have it ...really good bike with light rear good parts for the money....only the handlebar looks  ugly ;)

Offline lieve

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
I bought a militant lt about a month ago. I haven't had a lot of serious sessions with it yet, because of the weather lately, but I'm really happy with it so far. I came from a heavy streetbike before that, so to me the militant feels very light and versatile; I was surprised to see how much different a specific flatland bike feels!
And yes, the seat hurts your bum (I ride my bike everywhere, so I don't use it for flatlanding sessions alone), so I replaced it with my old one. The brakepads are awful, so I replaced them too (what a difference!). But except from that, I don't have any 'urgent upgrading needs'.
Riding with a freecoaster was a bit freaky at first, but I got used to it rapidly. But I have the feeling the freecoaster sucks (but I have no comparison for that, since my bike is the only flatland bike around here, so I can't really say how much it sucks or doesn't suck).
I haven't missed a rear brake up until now... You obviously don't get a freecoaster with this bike, but there was a rearbrake + pads + cables with it.
If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask!

waiting for spring to happen...

Offline tl1982

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:56:42 PM »
Anytime you buy a complete bike there will always be something you may not like about it.  The best thing to do is just to ride it as is and make changes as you go but dont change something if you dont have to.  The only way to get a bike that is 100% what you want is to build one from scratch which will cost alot more money.

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 09:04:17 PM »
As for the no back brakes, don't worry about it for traveling. A front brake stops about 10000X times better, it's alot more immediate and as long as your not leaning over you bars and slam on your brakes you'll be good. Just don't lock a front brake up when you're riding to places, ease it on