Author Topic: Flat Friday Issue 1 + Zion Focus Frame  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Flat Friday Issue 1 + Zion Focus Frame
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Today we would like to introduce a new column on Global-Flat called Flat Friday. Unfortunatelly our very first issue is already late but I´m sure there must be some timezone left where it´s still friday now ;-)
In addition to our regular news Effraim will be doing Flat Friday weekly to inform all what’s going on round the globe, during each week. Check out the first issue of Flat Friday and tell us how you like the idea.

Furthermore Zion Bikes just came up with a Sam Foakes signature frame prototype. You can find more information about it in Flat Friday and in the parts section.

Offline FLATDADDY

• Hitchhiker
Re: Flat Friday Issue 1 + Zion Focus Frame
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
Isn't there already a news section on gf? Post it there. fatbmx.com has -fatfriday and flatfriday just doesn't seem to be very original. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but if its just going to be a copy of the flat coverage on fatbmx whats the point. The zion sam foakes focus frame was on fatbmx yesterday. To have the same pictures as well as editorial on the two different sites kinda cheapens the whole experience. I do like the idea however I hate the name and would hate to see it turn into a weekly recap of news I have already read.

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
WTF!!! "On a sad note, flatland rider Paul Palmer got shot by the police . RIP."

http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6533

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
The name was just a joke really guys, the column is meant to be a round up of the week, some of the news thats in there isnt anywhere else, not even on my blog for example.
There will be those of us that search for the latest clips all the time, and others that work a regular job that dont have time, so this column was there to make life easier for those people.

Having flat coverage on more than one site is good for flat, different people look at fat bmx than global flat for example, its a much bigger audience, the frame was actually up on the zion site first, then i stuck it on my blog then went up on fat.It spreads the word much faster. But anyway, I kinda see your point, but just wanted to explain, that this column was meant for round up of the week.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
WTF!!! "On a sad note, flatland rider Paul Palmer got shot by the police . RIP."

http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6533

Oh crap. That sux.  :huh:  I somehow completely mised the Paul Parmer thread here. RIP.
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=23419.0

joelweevil

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:09 AM »
r.e.- the frame.

that burgandy is beautiful. like it a lot! nice job, frame looks dope.

Prasheel

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 01:22:46 AM »
Pralex blog shout out!  Woooo, I love this news thing already!  Yessir!

Offline Mr.Proctor

• Team
  • Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »
looks cool and looks light.right up someones ally.