Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 203746 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #915 on: September 21, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »
I've been working on hitchhiker stuff lately. I wanna take a few sessions and focus on halfpackers again.
Hitch to Half-Barflip to Sidesqueak etc..etc..

That reminds me, I owe you an edit. I'll try and see about getting one done today to give you some ideas on where to go next. Good stuff though and god damn you are the most jacked rider i've seen since I met Joe Sciavi.

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
I haven't posted a 'Today's Riding' video for a while so thought I'd put one together for today. I've been working on hang 5's a lot, and can roll them pretty much every time, getting further each time.

Also been working on backwards hang nothings, rolled some for a few metres but just caught a couple of shorter ones today. I've also been trying them forwards but only getting a metre, 2 at most.

These are things I've always wanted to be able to do so super happy to be finally getting them.

I'm struggling a bit with lungspins (as you can see at the start) and have only done one with more than a few rotations a week ago.. really hit and miss. If anyone has any tips or can point out where I'm going wrong with them please chip in!

Today's Riding 23-9-11
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #917 on: September 24, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
Somebody donate this kid some used cranks, pedals, sprocket and a chain. If you check his vid, he has obviously earned them. ;)
I still have cranks and all those sh*t :D
I don't need them!! I will use them again next year cause of the contests, but for winter it's good!
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #918 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
Somebody donate this kid some used cranks, pedals, sprocket and a chain. If you check his vid, he has obviously earned them. ;)
I don't need them!! I will use them again next year cause of the contests, but for winter it's good!

Dude, no. Please put cranks on. Most, and when I say most I mean almost everyone, will not take you riding seriously until you put them on. You've got potential, don't waste it on crankless riding please.

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #919 on: September 24, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »
I learn faster without! When i learnt Crackpacker i could ride cranks again!

Dude, no. Please put cranks on. Most, and when I say most I mean almost everyone, will not take you riding seriously until you put them on. You've got potential, don't waste it on crankless riding please.
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #920 on: September 24, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
@Andrew: I can't really help you with lungspins, because I haven't mastered them too. But, for hang 5s, the thing that has made me able to hold it forever until my bike stops rolling, is looking straight ahead instead of looking down. It makes my balance better.

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #921 on: September 24, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
Cool, yeah I just look at the front of my tire. I'll try that next time, thanks.

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #922 on: September 24, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
For Lungspins your feet have to make a x.
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline ross636

• Backpacker
« Reply #923 on: September 24, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
http://youtu.be/xaxMOuTNT1M a day late i guess but crashed to many friday to post lol

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #924 on: September 25, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »
Here's a new video filmed / edited today, I made this one more from a creative standpoint than one of riding, recently bought a Canon 500D DSLR and started using Adobe Premiere after deciding iMovie was too limited and the results always sucked quality-wise. So there's not a lot of riding, but it looks nice haha..

Canon 500D / Premiere PRO CS5 Test Edit

Offline ross636

• Backpacker
« Reply #925 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »
very nice! real good quality.. 

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #926 on: September 25, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
It looks like a professional camera man filmed you.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #927 on: September 26, 2011, 01:43:22 AM »
Here's a new video filmed / edited today, I made this one more from a creative standpoint than one of riding, recently bought a Canon 500D DSLR and started using Adobe Premiere after deciding iMovie was too limited and the results always sucked quality-wise. So there's not a lot of riding, but it looks nice haha..

Canon 500D / Premiere PRO CS5 Test Edit

Your color treatment and editing look real nice and moody. While sharp overall, the movement is a little blurry. If you don't like that you could try a higher shutter speed. Also did you shoot this in 24p or 29.97? I've never tried 24 and people say it looks so wonderful. I'm kinda skeptical. I like to shoot flatland in 60fps cuz the slow mo is so nice, but it eats card space.

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #928 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »

Your color treatment and editing look real nice and moody. While sharp overall, the movement is a little blurry. If you don't like that you could try a higher shutter speed. Also did you shoot this in 24p or 29.97? I've never tried 24 and people say it looks so wonderful. I'm kinda skeptical. I like to shoot flatland in 60fps cuz the slow mo is so nice, but it eats card space.

Yeah you're right there, it is too blurry for my liking too. and it's 30fps.. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of flexibility of movie mode on the 500D, aperture and shutter speed are automatic and there's no way of changing them which isn't good.. for photos, endless possibilities, but movies, yeah, pretty much nothing. will be upgrading to a 5D mk ii as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:23:22 AM by Andrew.. »

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #929 on: September 26, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »

Yeah you're right there, it is too blurry for my liking too. and it's 30fps.. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of flexibility of movie mode on the 500D, aperture and shutter speed are automatic and there's no way of changing them which isn't good.. for photos, endless possibilities, but movies, yeah, pretty much nothing. will be upgrading to a 5D mk ii as soon as possible.

the 600D / t3i is the same. very little adjustments on the film side, which is weird because the same control is available for photos. headsmash. :/