Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 203757 times)

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #750 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:50 PM »
Nice Day Edit
Nothing new just some video i forgot i toke about a month ago

Since nobody has commented, thought I would say "nice work!" looks like you are getting those undertakers down. From recently relearning them myself, I have a tip for the ride out. It all has to do with where you look on the way out. If you look at the seat or around there when you get around, it is just natural to set it down and pick it back up for the ride out. If instead you force yourself to look for that other grip with your eyes, it feels pretty natural to grab it instead and ride out without setting it down.

It sounds weird but for some tricks it really is something as simple as what you look at.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #751 on: May 24, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
Thanks ive landed a few undertakers without putting the bike down. I dont realy work on them but i guess they are going good.
Just learning this trick the other day in about a half an hour. Not the best but i did do better ones that i didnt get on film.
Steam Boat

negative

« Reply #752 on: May 24, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
couple clips from the past month.
May 2011 flatland Small | Large

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
Here is my today riding  :P

today's riding #1 Small | Large

It can't be viewed in Germany because of the audio, that's strange, but i'm too lazy to re-upload XD.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:46:09 PM by kev3344 »

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »
Thanks ive landed a few undertakers without putting the bike down. I dont realy work on them but i guess they are going good.
Just learning this trick the other day in about a half an hour. Not the best but i did do better ones that i didnt get on film.
Steam Boat

Nice! Not really a Steamboat though. A steamboat rolls the other direction. It is a good start to a Tomahawk though. I think I might need to try that too. Stupid rain.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #755 on: May 25, 2011, 01:55:16 AM »
May 2011 flatland

Very nice! Wish I could get more than one whiplash. Soon I hope.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2011, 04:00:10 AM »
Here is my today riding  :P

today's riding #1

It can't be viewed in Germany because of the audio, that's strange, but i'm too lazy to re-upload XD.

Cool man!

Just started playing with those backwards half-hikers too. If you have any tips, that would rock. Gives me an idea though from watching your vid. probably would be good to try just throwing it into a backwards hitchhiker for now to get used to the switch and worry about the roll later?

Nice to see the Nourie stand! I might just have to pull that one back out of my bag of tricks. I put it away when it was a passe trick. Seems like nobody cares now and a cool trick is a cool trick.

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
For learning backwards halfhikers, practise backwards double-footed steamrollers until you can hold it almost as long as a normal and don't pull the seat too fast to the back, or you will lose your balance, this is a mistake I did at the begining. ;D

And for backwards hitchhikers, I didn't attempt them until I learned backwards halfhikers because it seemed impossible to me. Today I've just realised that I didn't roll fast enough because I was scared of falling, so I couldn't hold it for a long time nor ride out.

Finally, I totally agree with you, I think there should not be "old school tricks" all tricks are tricks and can be cool even if the're old.

I want to mix old and new tricks together in my style of riding, imagine how cool it would be to link a bar ride to a crackpacker or to ride out of a big front wheel spin combo with a nourie stand!.

The only reason I have no back brake on my bike is because my frame is a gift from j-f because my old bike was a street bike and I've bent the frame by riding flat with it, if I had money for this, I would buy a frame with brake mounts, so I could do all the new and old school tricks.

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »
I think there should not be "old school tricks" all tricks are tricks and can be cool even if the're old.

Just my opinion but most of pre '86 flatland is better left in the past.

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2011, 11:51:19 PM »
Ok I agree this trick sucks and but I don't really consider it as a tricks because the guy is touching the ground.I don't agree that MOST pre '86 tricks are better left in the past, there were really original and amazing tricks at the time, that nobody learns anymore today.

Think about cherry pickers, surfers, bar rides, miami hoppers and handstands and all their variations. I think these tricks are as cool if not more than new school tricks.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
Yeah I believe that is Robert Peterson and even then I just didn't get it. Until Ice-Money did it and it was funny, I thought it was just stupid.

But I too think that most of the pre '86 stuff is still good and some of it better than todays tricks. A good portion of todays trick ARE pre '86 to begin with, but one thing I learned long ago, which do you think your average kid is more impressed with: a miami hopper or a hitchhiker? Which do you think is going to make that kid want to try learning flat?

Or think about this one, do you really think the average person can tell the difference between a whip lash and a tail whip? Nope.

A good trick is a good trick. If its a fun trick, its a fun trick.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2011, 01:11:23 AM »
I want to mix old and new tricks together in my style of riding, imagine how cool it would be to link a bar ride to a crackpacker or to ride out of a big front wheel spin combo with a nourie stand!.

Thanks for the tips!

Or KJ's dump truck to cherry picker in Dorkin' 3 comes to mind.

negative

« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:55 AM »
May 2011 flatland

thanks.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2011, 01:35:25 AM »
May 2011 flatland

thanks.

Luke its good to see you out of your garage. Soak up the sun my friend.

All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2011, 05:53:05 AM »
Nice riding to everybody who has posted over the last few days. I've been trying to learn forward halfhikers w/o much luck. I'll try to record some attempts over the weekend so I can ask for advice. I can do them backwards pretty well but I'm not catchin on to forwards.