Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 203735 times)

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #735 on: May 16, 2011, 05:53:32 AM »
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline BmxXriderX06

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #736 on: May 16, 2011, 06:46:50 AM »
Rain Rain Go Away

That is ballsy for sure. Nice!

It was actually fun and made me put alot more focus into my tricks plus 1st video since going brakeless!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #737 on: May 16, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
That's my Padawan tearing it up!!!!!!Do or do not there is no try,f*ck THE RAIN,Keep riding hard Scott looking good bro!

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #738 on: May 18, 2011, 05:35:28 AM »
my birthday present was a little bit of progression on this link i've been working on. really comical to me now, but at the time i just didn't know what to do next after i actually got through that hitch switch, i hadn't gotten myself properly prepared to succeed i guess, after 2 weeks of mostly failed attempts. like i needed some time to freak out and dance or something when it worked. was so mad i didn't just land it when i could, but at the time, i wanted more. another trick at least added on. heh. next time~

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:21:44 PM by jm »

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #739 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:44 AM »
my birthday present was a little bit of progression on this link i've been working on. really comical to me now, but at the time i just didn't know what to do next after i actually got through that hitch switch, i hadn't gotten myself properly prepared to succeed i guess, after 2 weeks of mostly failed attempts. like i needed some time to freak out and dance or something when it worked. was so mad i didn't just land it when i could, but at the time, i wanted more. another trick at least added on. heh. next time~

Love that feeling of "Oh crap! That worked! Now what do I do?"

Happy Birthday BTW!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:34:15 AM by Jake4130 »
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #740 on: May 21, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »

absinthe
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:48:12 AM by jm »

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #741 on: May 21, 2011, 11:49:12 AM »
Nice Day Edit

Nothing new just some video i forgot i toke about a month ago

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #742 on: May 21, 2011, 01:41:08 PM »

absinthe

Man jm, it looks like learning that pump has really tightened up your riding. Looking reallly good!
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #743 on: May 21, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #744 on: May 21, 2011, 06:11:35 PM »
Here's a vid of my 2nd day of trying forwards hang 5's, for some reason I've always had some irrational fear of doing them and yesterday I did a small one 'by accident' and got all excited like a child in a sweet shop, so have just been working on them yesterday and today. Very happy with the progress so far.

One thing though, I seem to drift off to the left which is mildly annoying, I feel centred and my bars are straight - weird...

Oh, jm, i stole your idea for the text narrative..  :P

Today's riding - Hang 5 progress - day 2
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:13:53 PM by Matelot »
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #745 on: May 21, 2011, 08:31:56 PM »
Here's a vid of my 2nd day of trying forwards hang 5's, for some reason I've always had some irrational fear of doing them and yesterday I did a small one 'by accident' and got all excited like a child in a sweet shop, so have just been working on them yesterday and today. Very happy with the progress so far.

One thing though, I seem to drift off to the left which is mildly annoying, I feel centred and my bars are straight - weird...

awesome! you're getting it!

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #746 on: May 21, 2011, 09:09:07 PM »

awesome! you're getting it!

Thanks! got so pumped on learning it that I went out for another session, got even further this time  :mellow:  :beer:
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »
from sean chua on Vimeo.

Kinda stopped riding because of school, just ride road bikes now...
Will start properly when I graduate at the end of the year.

This is for the Australian bmx flat comp tour, I can't make it to many of the rounds so you can submit a video for 120 points.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:17:28 AM by Aeons of Flat »

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »
.. and got all excited like a child in a sweet shop, so have just been working on them ..

I read that as "sweat shop" and then thought ..wait why would kids be excited about that? Lol

That's bad ass btw  :beer: you'll get the hang of controlling the direction.  It's a practice thing that gets really easy with time.  What helped me was to try and carve the opposite direction that the bike was wanting to go.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #749 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

You should also try it with the bars backwards, I find it easier because the seat is closer to my butt and it makes me lean more forward, it's what I do to practise hang 10s.