Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 204737 times)

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:22 AM »
learned a new trick (switch foot Karl thing) and worked it into a little link
[youtube]smY2-R8O1vc[/youtube]
Nice bro! I wish I could get forward rolling balance figured out a little better. Every time I try Karls I feel so far from ever rolling the position that I end up being too intimidated to commit to actually learning them. I'm making progress on halfpackers though  ;D

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:52 AM »
From a few days ago... I work on Time Machines here and there. Any tips on how to get a tight spin out of this?

EDIT: I have managed to spin this thing a bunch of times, but I just fall off. I'm at the end of one of the Toronto contest vids spinning and falling off.

Sooo... Time Machines. Kinda...

And this is from today. First time I've ever tried this step around thing, only took a couple hours to learn. Tomorrow I'll probably try to lean forward and start the whole Front Yard process... I'd like to glide that for a while and then slowly whip into a Halfpacker.

Step over into Front Yard thing

How is the font yard glide going? Very hard trick.

Ya know I worked on this today and started doing them with the bars forward instead of backwards. Seems like it's a bit easier. This trick is hard because the balance point is so so small. Basically I'm just going to keep taking shots at it. I'm still trying double footed forward steams and double footed peg wheelies to try and dial it all in.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:12:37 AM by Rad255 »

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #707 on: May 03, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »
Yeah, It's a pain the ass trick.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #708 on: May 03, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »
Thanks raddad and marylandflat.  raddad I can't believe you went riding in that wind lol. That was a SUPER windy day and it didn't even seem to bother you much.  Your stuff must be getting very dialed.

Marylandflat, ya, the forward tricks do seem like you really have to commit to leaning forward more.  Backwards stuff is really hard for me though.  Im only just now starting to get the feel for bwd hang 10s.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #709 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:50 PM »
A couple little bits from today... nailed myself good on a simple rideout too  :crash:. Getting the half-lash to steam pretty much every time now and rolling double footed steams quite comfortably, next step is to get my head around popping into a hitchiker.. any advice welcome!

Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #710 on: May 04, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
A couple little bits from today... nailed myself good on a simple rideout too  :crash:. Getting the half-lash to steam pretty much every time now and rolling double footed steams quite comfortably, next step is to get my head around popping into a hitchiker.. any advice welcome!

Very nice! That in't a half lash though. That is just the ride in for a steam roller. Well done though. Nice and smooth.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #711 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:24 PM »

Very nice! That in't a half lash though. That is just the ride in for a steam roller. Well done though. Nice and smooth.

Ah righto, thanks, figured with it being half a whiplash that it'd be a half-lash.. every day's a school day  -_-
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2011, 11:03:49 PM »

Ah righto, thanks, figured with it being half a whiplash that it'd be a half-lash.. every day's a school day  -_-

Your not the first person I have heard call it that. Don't sweat it brotha! Really is sickeningly smooth though.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #713 on: May 04, 2011, 11:06:14 PM »
I've always called it a half-lash. what's the proper name?

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #714 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:48 PM »
Really the kick is just as much of the trick as the roll so it's all a steam roller. A half lash is when you are opposite footed and when the back end comes around you put your left foot on the back peg and carve a circle.

Some call the trick I just mentioned a babyface, but that is part of a lost joke. At the time riders where coming up with the goofyest names for tricks so someone decided to call it "ashtray to babyface" to poke fun at that. Either name is the same trick, but "ashtray to babyface" is meant to be a joke.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #715 on: May 06, 2011, 03:28:54 AM »
Had a good session today. Especially noteworthy is that I got wheelchairs back perfectly the first try. Big deal right? Except I realized I NEVER HAD wheelchairs to begin with. I never learned that trick. Had it wired though. Will post an edit of new progression in the next couple of days. I'm stoked!

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #716 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »
Oliver Kallai - Farewell party!
I REALLY liked this video alot. So smooth and controlled. The no handed transitions were sick, but all of the transitions, especially into some of those unique positions were awesome. Seemed like almost zero variance in the back tire when you were putting your leg in, over, under, through, etc. on your front wheel. Making those moves when you can feather a brake is great, but the smoothness of your riding with no brakes is awesome to me.

Would really like to see more. Keep em' coming.
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline Burnout

« Reply #717 on: May 06, 2011, 08:49:06 PM »
old school!

Flatland Addict Small | Large

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #718 on: May 06, 2011, 11:12:52 PM »
old school!

Flatland Addict

LOL thats awesome! I was thinking yesterday about using Dokken for my next edit. lol

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #719 on: May 07, 2011, 04:17:45 AM »
tr 050611: fear

today's riding was dedicated to one switch that's always scared the hell out of me. glad to say I no longer fear it, and that I can now do it. still have not stepped out of crackpacker...