Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 203736 times)

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
That's sick TJ  ;D

Today I started hitchhikers, the ride in is very hard. My bike just shoot out underneath most of the time.

Offline MACE

• Hitchhiker
  • RAGE
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »
@ atlflatlander, that clip was nice man, looks like you gettin that dialed in..gjdm

2 flat, great riding for first day back, the high speed sh*t looks dope.
deathwishriders for life

Offline Jam Circle

• Forkglider
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
me learn something new! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=197385333606199&oid=126876205658#&comments

Nice! I really like the look of that! I have a tendency to get hung up when trying to step "over" the bars into a half packer so that would actually be a nice option for me! :beer:

Offline Jam Circle

• Forkglider
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2011, 07:36:21 PM »
spent a week sh*tting blood and throwing up,

Post pics or it didn't happen. ;D

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2011, 10:09:59 PM »
spent a week sh*tting blood and throwing up,

Post pics or it didn't happen. ;D

I have pictures of the colonoscopy I got on thursday, but I don't think you really want to see them.  :mellow:

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2011, 02:14:34 AM »
last couple fo days at practice....i think i got more carried away with editing than riding so if you want the next 3;30 seconds of your life...
dont watch this vid.
Lulz
xxxxxxx 0002

Looking good dude! Keep after that halfhiker, it might take awhile but once you start rollin 'em it'll all be worth it!

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2011, 02:23:31 AM »
Wow! Last few videos on this thread were insane! I hope I can get to that level someday.
I worked on bw jugglers today, I'm not 100% sure if this is considered a full juggle and I know it's super sketchy but I'm off to a pretty good start. My main problem was that I couldnt find the right way to set the pedals, no matter how I set them they were hitting my legs on one side or another. I chose to set them with the left pedal down and just tried to avoid hitting it with my leg when pulling it up. Hopefully with some practice I'll be able to pull em a little more smoothly.

:beer:

Today's Riding 2/12/2011

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2011, 02:30:47 AM »
Setting the pedals for hiker variations is often one of the trickiest parts. It makes spinning jugglers a huge pain in the ass.

I'd put a day or two into making sure the bars don't drag, and by the end of it I bet you'd have multiples.

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
Next time I get a chance to session I'm going to revisit my technique and try to keep those damn bars of the ground. Keeping them off the ground in a regular bw hiker is a bit easier for me because I can hold the frame off to the side a little. I was thinkin about working on hikers holding both pegs and left handed steams to work on coordination in my left hand.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2011, 04:16:43 AM »
Cleaned up this thread a bit...let's keep this focused on riding.  Use Fight Club if necessary please.

This thread should be holy grounds... :beer:
"A puppet no more!"

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2011, 06:00:28 AM »
Cleaned up this thread a bit...let's keep this focused on riding.  Use Fight Club if necessary please.

This thread should be holy grounds... :beer:
or telling your anal exploits.. Are you kidding me? I said "karma's a bitch sometimes, eh? and that got deleted...I see. Nice vids from all then, howz that.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2011, 06:07:47 AM »
Next time I get a chance to session I'm going to revisit my technique and try to keep those damn bars of the ground. Keeping them off the ground in a regular bw hiker is a bit easier for me because I can hold the frame off to the side a little. I was thinkin about working on hikers holding both pegs and left handed steams to work on coordination in my left hand.

To develop that coordination in my opposite hand I started doing half hikers on that side  It seemed to help a lot.  Getting around those pedals is a pain in the butt.   Now I understand why peope ride crankless.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2011, 06:43:48 AM »

To develop that coordination in my opposite hand I started doing half hikers on that side  It seemed to help a lot.  Getting around those pedals is a pain in the butt.   Now I understand why peope ride crankless.

I've got alot of work to do with developing coordination in my left hand, I'm probably gonna start with learning steams holding the seat with my left.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »
or telling your anal exploits.. Are you kidding me? I said "karma's a bitch sometimes, eh? and that got deleted...I see. Nice vids from all then, howz that.

Maybe you are unaware of how karma works, but you're pretty much implying that two years of health issues that have landed me in the hospital at least 10 times is something I deserve. That's pretty much the most cowardly jab I've ever heard out of anyone directed at me and you should be embarrassed that you even said it at all.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2011, 07:08:21 AM »
Try Ironic then. think about it..... ;D

kar·ma   /ˈkɑrmə/  Show Spelled[kahr-muh]  Show IPA
–noun
1.Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti (def. 1), jnana.
2.Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
3.fate; destiny.
4.the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:28:55 AM by JUGGARNAUT »