Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 204930 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
Rapid Fire: with Mark Dandridge

This is from 1/1/11 Courtesy of Jim and Team McDuff. Thanks Jim!

Keep on Riding!

Offline Grombar

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #316 on: January 04, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AT7jmdihms[/youtube]

Practicing on a slippery, but nice floor in the netherlands :ph34r: :beer:

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
todays riding 12.11.2010

Shane,

Ive been riding for a long time, Ive gotten alot of people "into" riding and watched many different people progress at many different levels and paces. Ive got a younger kid riding with me now that is progressing really well, but I intend on showing him your videos. At ten months in, you are truly amazing. Opposite whiplash, to dave duster to hiker is a great line that shows awesome control.

Since I started riding with my friend, Ive tried to keep out of his mind, "Where should I be at this amount of time?" or "Ive not been riding long enough to try such and such trick." Ive told him if he likes a trick, try it. (Within reason of course, you have to crawl before you can walk) You are a perfect example of that though. I never would have guessed you were riding that short of time if I had come up on you sessioning.

Keep doing whatever it is you are doing because it is definitely working for you, and keep putting up videos so that I can keep showing them to my friend. LOL

MIKE
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
todays riding 12.11.2010

Shane,

Ive been riding for a long time, Ive gotten alot of people "into" riding and watched many different people progress at many different levels and paces. Ive got a younger kid riding with me now that is progressing really well, but I intend on showing him your videos. At ten months in, you are truly amazing. Opposite whiplash, to dave duster to hiker is a great line that shows awesome control.

Since I started riding with my friend, Ive tried to keep out of his mind, "Where should I be at this amount of time?" or "Ive not been riding long enough to try such and such trick." Ive told him if he likes a trick, try it. (Within reason of course, you have to crawl before you can walk) You are a perfect example of that though. I never would have guessed you were riding that short of time if I had come up on you sessioning.

Keep doing whatever it is you are doing because it is definitely working for you, and keep putting up videos so that I can keep showing them to my friend. LOL

MIKE

i say the same thing every time i see a new vid of his on the Tube.

the man has TIME. ;D
seriously i think he rides like 30-40 hrs a week.
with the kids etc. i only manage 10-15 hrs a week, which isn't even half of that.

and i worry a little too, about which trick to learn when or i should be able to do
this trick by so 7 so date.   
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Budz

« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
i pulled my first doublefooted squeaker; the last one.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD8anMvQN9w[/youtube]

Nice! that trick rules :)

changed my setup the other day, been trying to re-learn stuff. managed to hurt my freaking nipple somehow.

Love the double footies Havok...and congrats on the nipple thing Jim! lookin smooth!

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »

Budz

« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »

Love the double footies Havok...
thanks!
heres a tip that helps me when my feet get ahead of me...
ride/feather the brake lightly with constant pressure, just enough to keep some resistance from the bike gettin out from under you while still letting the wheel roll. it may help with your feet getting ahead of you and goin forward over the bars. as you get more comfortable, use less and less of the brake. keeps the trick flowing smoother too over the brake on brake off brake on brake off, etc. just a thought.

RIDE ON!

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

Love the double footies Havok...
thanks!
heres a tip that helps me when my feet get ahead of me...
ride/feather the brake lightly with constant pressure, just enough to keep some resistance from the bike gettin out from under you while still letting the wheel roll. it may help with your feet getting ahead of you and goin forward over the bars. as you get more comfortable, use less and less of the brake. keeps the trick flowing smoother too over the brake on brake off brake on brake off, etc. just a thought.

RIDE ON!
thanks, man, i will try that in a couple of hours.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2011, 12:34:17 AM »
todays riding 12.11.2010

Shane,

MIKE

Thanks dudes, I appreciate that. (Sorry, I didn't see this sooner, and I don't get emails from global so if someone quotes me or whatever I don't know unless I remember to check)  I need to fix that). 

I ride about 20-25hrs a week (I'm waay too irresponsible to have a family but just smart enough to realize it, thank god lol).  I try and really focus on the basics of things that interest me, and dial those as much I can, then slowly build off of that.  It's really interesting to me how you build a skill up and then branch off of that.  It's almost like a chess game and I'm in a race with time.  At 35 and with a tricky lower back I just don't know how long I have but I want to give it everything I got.  Thanks for watching man!
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
friday

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2011, 09:47:02 PM »
wow, nice sky in the first shot!
and you should land that last link! spinning hitchiker yeah!

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2011, 10:13:33 PM »
my first day of cliffhangers  big thanks to mark (raddad) for inspiring me to work on these and giving me some tips.  dialing my hang 10's first helped enormously.

2011-01-8th t.r.-cliffhangers Small | Large
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline BmxXriderX06

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2011, 10:18:04 PM »
Two and Half Freestylers Small | Large

Starting off the new year!

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #328 on: January 09, 2011, 01:01:15 AM »
Nothing too great. My garage is to small!!
Todays Riding 1-8-10

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #329 on: January 09, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
Nothing too great. My garage is to small!!
Todays Riding 1-8-10

looks good.
i bet you could do some cleaning/stacking and have way more space.
in the winter, my sh*t is stacked, precariously, to the ceiling.