Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 204533 times)

Luke

Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »
this is my favorite thread on global, it's nice to see other riders that are not pros progress. I get really motivated watching all the vids.

Small | Large

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »
now that is sick luke, 1st ride in was incredible  :beer:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:38:18 PM by mare »

the beard

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
this is my favorite thread on global, it's nice to see other riders that are not pros progress. I get really motivated watching all the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSz2ekSlCtA

wow! Luke, you're riding is truly awesome man, inspiring! you look almost impossibly strong when you ride, I'm loving the vids.  glad you like the thread too, you're comment about it just brightened my day sir  -_-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 04:30:41 PM by jmk »

Offline ivan-flaterOS

• Hitchhiker
  • Sonic!!!
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
Great job Luke :beer:

I filmed some new stuff today..
Small | Large

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2009, 05:44:22 AM »
^ hehe, sonic u need to slow down :beer:

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »
I guess you have read to much into it if you are finding my observation of your style as rude, it wasn't mean't to be rude - you'll find a bit of constructive critism is character building once you become mature enough to take it on board . I just checked some of your other vids - nice ! you got quite a bag of tricks developing...

Your style will progress as you get a few more years under your belt and began to 'play' with your tricks a bit more, like I said keep workin' on it bro it will come.

BTW - Maybe think about dropping '2 flat' from your profile name ? RELAX  ^_^

Southbanktramp, you have to realize that criticism is constructive if it's got actual "constructive" comments attached to it. In your case, saying "Smooth but need to improve on you style a bit....keep at it" comes across to strangers as either "My style is better then yours, so I can judge you" or "I don't know enough about style to tell you how to improve yours, but I'm still in a position to judge you". Both are inherently condescending and tactless comments to make about someone you don't know personally. S*it, even TO someone you know it's somewhat rude. Unless you're certain how what you say may be construed by someone else, probably best to just stfu.
See? Now wasn't that "constructive"?  :P

On 2Flat/TJ's vid:  Compared to the other vids at your spot, I can totally see how different your speed was in this one... no "style improvements" necessary, but a good broom or leaf blower would be the bomb yo!  :ph34r:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:53:17 AM by Ultraman Zoffy »

TJ Perry

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »
On 2Flat/TJ's vid:  Compared to the other vids at your spot, I can totally see how different your speed was in this one... no "style improvements" necessary, but a good broom or leaf blower would be the bomb yo!  :ph34r:

Most of it is the ground that I'm riding on.. The parking lot has deteriorated a lot in the last few years, getting worse every time I go out it seems. The other part of it is that I'm just not comfortable yet on the back wheel as many others are. I'm really hard on myself when it comes to how I want my sh*t to look on the back wheel because on the front wheel, everything I do I try to do very deliberately with as little space between the tricks as possible... I'm just not at that level with back wheel yet but considering I've only played with back wheel for around... 7 or 8 months at the absolute max I think I'm doing alright. I only just learned how to scuff lard yards and stick Bs really well last summer, so all things considered I'm doing alright, although not where I'd like to be.

Thanks for the comments though :)

Offline southbanktramp

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »
Hey thanks Zoffy - I'll take that on board, great advice and very constructive ! Anyhow I have already apologized to TJ (and meant it) so maybe you should just butt out and STFU eh ? :mellow:

Ciao

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »
Luke I swear you could do one link throughout a day! It's very good, mesmerizing even.

ivan that's a very York Uno manic spinning style you've got there I'd be way too scared to spin that fast. :P

Also I've got a new backwheel and there'll be a vid here in a day or so. With a suprise new backwheel link too. :mellow:

Luke

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2009, 04:10:37 AM »
thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm definitely looking forward to checking out your vids. I like watching the vids and saying things like I remember learning that or I want to learn that more of the latter really. I got some garage riding yesterday just trying to have fun.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:15:22 PM by Luke »

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
What nicer than filming a new front wheel link when the sun is shining, birds are singing, retired men are blatting around the village in their old classic cars etc, yep, summer is on its way.  :mellow:

Small | Large

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »
luke you are a non-stop pumping machine !
sagaris... you rule
there's a lot of progress in this thread, congratz to everybody
 :ph34r:

Offline ImUlllNosFides

• Forkglider
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:13:16 AM by Pinoski »

Offline handspin

• Backpacker
    • Youtube
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
actually the best encouragement is hating. you all suck equally.

I guess you have read to much into it if you are finding my observation of your style as rude, it wasn't mean't to be rude - you'll find a bit of constructive critism is character building once you become mature enough to take it on board . I just checked some of your other vids - nice ! you got quite a bag of tricks developing...

Your style will progress as you get a few more years under your belt and began to 'play' with your tricks a bit more, like I said keep workin' on it bro it will come.

BTW - Maybe think about dropping '2 flat' from your profile name ? RELAX  ^_^

Your thinly disguised jabs at TJ are in really poor taste in my opinion. I re-read them, and see them for what they are.  If you have a problem with someone, please don't voice it here by slandering one's riding in front of everyone. I created this thread for encouragement, not for cheap shots.  thanks.
S I N C E  2005  | LA | SD | NYC | BOS |  ONE LOVE
¹    ²    ³ 
ʑɚȷʎʇʂ

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2009, 07:34:23 AM »
Todays Riding 13 april 2009

Jim got me all excited to do some filming. This is from Today!! All new stuff that has never been on flim before!!

Keep on Riding!