Author Topic: Today's Riding: video version  (Read 203772 times)

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: Today's Riding: video version
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »

oh yes, after a year of crankless riding, im riding with cranks again, its completely new, and its so different, i was so happy that i could pull most of my tricks with cranks on my bike.

currently im working on landing hitchikers, riding cliffhangers ( i can come in to them now, but cant roll it), and come in and out of a wheelchair

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3ezzhZNxXc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3ezzhZNxXc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is most of my progression, if anyone have tips or something bring it on!!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:46:59 AM by Wouter van der Linde »

katobmx

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »
With your cliffs I think yourgoing to slow and your body isn't far enough forward so when when you get on the peg the bike pushes forward. I havent had much time with cliffhangers but I figured I'd start of with hang 10's

katobmx

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 01:00:06 AM »
I'll see if i go riding tommorow so I post my own vid :mellow:

Luke

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 02:35:46 AM »
a couple things with both the cliffhanger and the hang ten, you need much more comitment with your left foot or inside foot on the peg. You can see that as soon as you put your left foot on the peg you start to step out of the trick, you need to hang in there for little while longer to get more control, keep your knees bent and just ride it out longer.

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »
i was riding with my friend who was in my town for a week...thats from yesterday

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:22:10 PM by Ronny @ Kassel »

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
^Dude, how long have you been riding?  Seriously smooth and fast spinning there.  I'd say Wilhelm like speed with your turbined hitchhiker.

People, (I am talking to the ones on here that can't spin like Matt) this is another rider to keep an eye on.  Sorta have the same feeling when I saw a very young rider named Waldemar a few years ago.

joelweevil

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
tj, it was weird to me, too. when i first met/rode with the austin guys and met Jimtaro, he was busting crazy stuff left and right. then he came up to me and asked me how i do hang 5's. i was about to laugh, then fall out of my shoes. i couldn't believe it, either. nowadays, he's just rocking the smack out of his bike. no offense, Jimtaro!!

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
i was bored, so i learned some easy basic today hehe

barhop! heheh

the beard

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 05:08:04 AM »
this video is just kind of whatever. it's today's riding, what I worked on today. any tips on the backwheel switch would be cool. I just started trying it today

Small | Large

TJ Perry

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 06:39:06 AM »
Was that a large bear chasing after that rubber ball? jesus christ lol

Do that pivot quicker. Or better yet look up videos of nathan penonzek, he does it all the time.

the beard

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 06:42:49 AM »

Do that pivot quicker. Or better yet look up videos of nathan penonzek, he does it all the time.

will do! 'preciate cha

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 06:43:59 AM »

HOLY SH!T !!! LOL !!!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Big ass 12 biscuit eatin'mofo..

the beard

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 06:48:33 AM »
yeah. they run wild through my neighborhood. rubber balls seem to keep them out of the picnic baskets. lmao haha

the beard

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »
also, Wouter, you rule man. I love seeing your videos, good riding and good motivation.

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
thanks man haha! but i think before you link an time machine to a inside junkyard, you better learn a single inside junkyard first..  and a inside junkyard is not a trick that you can scuff slowly, so once you turned youre body into the trick, stard scuffing very fast, thats all i know..

and take a look how Bram them does:

somewhere around 1 minute.
Small | Large

and if you can do that leanr in with no hands :mellow:
Small | Large