Author Topic: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP  (Read 258904 times)

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
Re: Beginners come hither! (part 2)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 06:53:57 AM »
I've seen your resume, and I gotta say I like what I see. But I'm still going to have to ask you for three references.  :P

TJ Perry

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 01:28:08 AM »
I've seen your resume, and I gotta say I like what I see. But I'm still going to have to ask you for three references.  :P

Three huh? I think that's about as many people left in flatland that can tolerate me these days.

Small | Large

Iriez

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »

I need help with spinning steamrollers. I'll up a vid of similar (e.g. complete fail) mccircles.

I just whipped togeather a minute of my attempts, so pardon the lack of editing.

Any tips are GREATLY welcomed, I cant get anywhere with those damn things. I find it hilarious I can G-Turn more than I can mccircle or steamroll.

Thanks!

TJ Perry

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 03:37:43 AM »
Video is private:(

Budz

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »

Three huh? I think that's about as many people left in flatland that can tolerate me these days.

i can tolerate ya dude...thats why i bust ballz sometimes. :mellow:
u are a person who just has strong views on shyt...i think that is wayyy better than a kiss-a$$.
know what i mean?...u tell it like u see it, and theres nothing wrong with that. thats called keepin it real. sometimes i dont agree with some things u say, but at the same time u dont always like what i(or someone else)is sayin. thats what makes us all individuals. if everyone had the same views on shyt, life would be like really fkn boring.
different people having different opinions keeps things interesting even if something someone says might p*ss someone else off.
personally, i dont need everyone to like me...it only complicates things. still, i try to be decent to everyone i come across. if someone hates me for whatever, its all good, cuz for every person hatin is another person who isnt. and those people who aint hatin are the ones i wanna know, no matter how few they might be.
id rather live life with a handful of REAL people/friends over hundreds of phonies.

the fact that u put up this thread to help people out with whatever knowledge u can share tells me that ur a pretty nice dude with a big heart for the sport and the riders in it. :beer:
RIDE ON!

Offline Jbkid

• Forkglider
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 04:53:10 AM »
I like ya TJ...
I'm still waiting for part two on your video...
Can we expect that this spring or summer?   :beer: :P

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 05:02:36 AM »
yeah more back wheel vidz teejay!

TJ Perry

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »
This year's been a little off for me. I lost my job back in April because of budget issues at my hotel and I havn't been able to find one since then. Money has been a huge problem for me since this summer,and I actually had to stop riding because I couldn't afford a f*cking tire. I worked on back wheel until about June when I threw out a muscle in my hip then didn't start back wheel up again until maybe a month or so ago. It's been raining/windy here so I havn't had much time to ride, so I've started lifting weights until the weather clears up. When I get enough footage I'll throw something together, but I havn't even filmed yet so don't hold your breath just yet.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:57:02 AM »
I used to not like you ,but I started to understand WHAT you were sayin not just read it,and like BUDZ,I don't agree with all of it.That being said,I do like you,and respect your passion for this fine sport . :wub: BTW, You get those yet? You are one HELL of a non-Pro rider!!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:58:59 AM by JUGGARNAUT »

Iriez

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »
Video is private:(

fixed, sorry, first vimeo !

TJ Perry

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
I used to not like you ,but I started to understand WHAT you were sayin not just read it,and like BUDZ,I don't agree with all of it.That being said,I do like you,and respect your passion for this fine sport . :wub: BTW, You get those yet? You are one HELL of a non-Pro rider!!!
hahaha I COMPLETELY forgot to check my mail for a few days. In between about 2 pounds of spam mail and coupons I got your package. f*cking awesome man. Thanks a bunch!

I don't care if people agree with me. I don't give a sh*t if people hate me. The bottom line for me is if I can get some people thinking then I'm on the right track. I'd be honored to be considered a "gadfly" of flatland.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
This thread is awesomeness.

Forward steam ride ins?

Should I PM for help?

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »

Forward steam ride ins?

Should I PM for help?

man... I need an S-video-to-component adapter cable so I can get some of my old VHS tapes converted to digital. Bobby Carter did a halflash/smoothie how-to on the Hang 5 video that made steamroller ride-ins ultra easy once I started working on them. Gosh, I guess I'll have to watch the tape again to see exactly what he said.

the beard

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
Hey TJ, or others; I've been trying this and haven't figured it out. I'm trying to come around on the front wheel from a half hiker to a switch hand steam on the other side or whatever. Any tips or suggestions?
thanks!

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »

Forward steam ride ins?

Should I PM for help?

man... I need an S-video-to-component adapter cable so I can get some of my old VHS tapes converted to digital. Bobby Carter did a halflash/smoothie how-to on the Hang 5 video that made steamroller ride-ins ultra easy once I started working on them. Gosh, I guess I'll have to watch the tape again to see exactly what he said.

Oh...please do explain.  ;D