Author Topic: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP  (Read 206415 times)

Offline NicliJJ

  • Forkglider
  • ***
  • Posts: 30
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1485 on: August 27, 2010, 03:47:44 AM »
hey im having alot of trouble with fw double footed steams

im able to pump one footed fw steams and hold it well but when i put my foot onto the pegs
the back wheel drops on the ground right as i let go of my hand. My friend says i lean in too much but if i dont lean in then when i put my foot on the begs i just fall backwards.

how can i find the balance point?  :huh:
am i suppose to put more pressure on the leg im stepping onto the pegs with and put more force in lifting the seat up? also does how high the seat and handle bars affect the trick?  any help would be appreciated, basically its really hard to find that balance point on this trick for me



Offline 2flat2furious

  • GF Inhabitant
  • ********
  • Posts: 4209
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1486 on: August 27, 2010, 04:28:51 AM »
Your set up will effect the trick in different ways, but the idea will always remain the same. even pressure with both feet on the pegs, and try not to "pull" the seat too hard in any one direction. it should be able, in theory anyway, to just hang from your fingertips.

Offline datisstom

  • Backpacker
  • ******
  • Posts: 272
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1487 on: August 27, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »
Does it matter if I hold the front of the seat while learning fw steams?

Because I just can't reach the backend ! HAHAHA! I'm just that tiny!

Offline 2flat2furious

  • GF Inhabitant
  • ********
  • Posts: 4209
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1488 on: August 27, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »
Does it matter if I hold the front of the seat while learning fw steams?

Because I just can't reach the backend ! HAHAHA! I'm just that tiny!

move the seat forward in the rails, unless you have a pivotal...=\

Offline b_ron

  • GF Inhabitant
  • ********
  • Posts: 1390
    • PbNation
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1489 on: August 27, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »
hang10 seat grab.
i can get into a hang5, put my hand on the seat. but when i put the other foot on and let go of the bars, i instantly fall forward about 85% of the time. the other 15% i fall backwards.
there were a couple times where i rolled it maybe a couple feet.
don't know why i can't find that balance point. (i can roll crackpackers further stepping into it than these)
Signing out...

Offline 2flat2furious

  • GF Inhabitant
  • ********
  • Posts: 4209
Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1490 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
hang10 seat grab.
i can get into a hang5, put my hand on the seat. but when i put the other foot on and let go of the bars, i instantly fall forward about 85% of the time. the other 15% i fall backwards.
there were a couple times where i rolled it maybe a couple feet.
don't know why i can't find that balance point. (i can roll crackpackers further stepping into it than these)

You're pulling the seat forwards. Don't do that. Let it hang in your hand.