Author Topic: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP  (Read 258920 times)

Offline Rod Deichler

Re: BEGINNERS, come hither! Updated: READ THE OP
« Reply #1455 on: August 04, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
thanks kato

Offline Corrupted account

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1456 on: August 05, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
when I try riding no-handed peg wheelies my front tire always comes down. the only time it doesn't come down is when the bike is more straight up and down than it should feel like? Do you just hold on just past the seat with your legs and balance and if so how high is the bike supposed to be?
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr.

katobmx

« Reply #1457 on: August 05, 2010, 07:32:07 AM »
when I try riding no-handed peg wheelies my front tire always comes down. the only time it doesn't come down is when the bike is more straight up and down than it should feel like? Do you just hold on just past the seat with your legs and balance and if so how high is the bike supposed to be?

how exactly are you doing your no handed peg wheelies. by pincing the seat with your knees? or by holding the seat in your hand?

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1458 on: August 05, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »
I try just pinching the seat in between my knees but it drops forward. when I start to feel the point where I can let go it seems like the bike is more up and down than it should be. So, how high vertically wise, is the bike supposed to be. i guess it has to do with where your seat is positioned. Can you hold onto the seat with your hand or is that just like practice to working up to the afore mentioned method.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #1459 on: August 05, 2010, 10:46:01 PM »
do you have double footed peg wheelies dialed
Signing out...

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1460 on: August 05, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
thx 4 helpin out ima hit u up on aim
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1461 on: August 06, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »
not quite but almost, I can go for a long ways in a straight line but circles still baffle me.

katobmx

« Reply #1462 on: August 06, 2010, 07:05:14 AM »
not quite but almost, I can go for a long ways in a straight line but circles still baffle me.
you might need to work on the technique called pumping

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1463 on: August 06, 2010, 08:33:14 PM »
I've heard this word thrown around and I'm not quite sure if I get the meaning. is this your leg constantly moving for balance or is it moving to get you going in circles like turbining? or is it something else entirely?

katobmx

« Reply #1464 on: August 07, 2010, 04:18:47 AM »
I've heard this word thrown around and I'm not quite sure if I get the meaning. is this your leg constantly moving for balance or is it moving to get you going in circles like turbining? or is it something else entirely?
it keeps you moving. basically it looks like humping if you do a trick double footed.and yes the kicking is correct in the it kinda looks like your mule kicking the air.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1465 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:18 AM »
So i started some backwards hang fives today and was woundering if its ok to feather the brakes. I think when i get used to the balance point i wont any more but idk.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #1466 on: August 08, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »
hey man. turbine mccircles. i watched the bmx flatlander video on them and i've been trying them for like 2 weeks. what happens is i can pull the bike into a very tight circle, but when i go to switch directions one of 2 things happens: 1) i do turbine, but it feels like the bike is way out to the side of my body (no matter what i try) and i just put my free leg down, or 2) i sort of turbine, but mostly just pull the circle so tight that i come to a complete stop. any big pieces of advice you can give? i already know about kicking your free leg forward to turbine, tilting the bars, swinging your free leg behind you to get good momentum etc. but i still feel like i'm missing something really important.

katobmx

« Reply #1467 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »
So i started some backwards hang fives today and was woundering if its ok to feather the brakes. I think when i get used to the balance point i wont any more but idk.
you can if you want to but you can eventuallly learn to do it with out feathering.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1468 on: August 08, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
Ya thats what i thought. Thanks!

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #1469 on: August 09, 2010, 11:41:17 AM »
did anyone watch my video? and if so do they have any helpful advice? really could do with it. Comp coming up and need to nail these basics