Author Topic: Voodoo Jam  (Read 37146 times)

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Voodoo Jam
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 05:04:31 AM »
[ If you're not into hotels, you should check out the Indian Backpackers Hostel, it'll add a little more flavour to the trip.

India House Backpackers Hostel.

www.IndiaHouseHostel.com

I thought the whole place was a joke of some sort...but its not too bad at all.  HAHA...I pictured some crazy looking place filled with college students, and their backpacks, and other stuff. Its more like a bed and breakfast....phew...Thank you Mr. Jowee and Paula for the Info and correction...N
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:08:58 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »
The voodoo jam now has a new web address:  http://www.theflatlandvoodoojam.com

We have a temporary splash page up right now and are working on a new site, which we hope to have up within the next month.  The new site will contain video announcements from Scott and Terry, video from past voodoo jams, a huge photo gallery, twitter and facebook links, and a blog where terry and scott will be able to update the world daily on event progress. 

We'll soon announce the unveiling of the new site.

Budz

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 08:47:33 AM »
kinda sad that theres a 25 rider expert class limit, but ya do what ya gotta do.
im sure many other experts would like to get in on this tho.

whats the word on the AM class? gonna have a rider limit on that? how much is registration?
i probably wont know if im definitely makin it down til like July, and id like to enter AM just to have some fun and ride with some good peeps.

quad_simmons

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
kinda sad that theres a 25 rider expert class limit, but ya do what ya gotta do.
im sure many other experts would like to get in on this tho.

whats the word on the AM class? gonna have a rider limit on that? how much is registration?
i probably wont know if im definitely makin it down til like July, and id like to enter AM just to have some fun and ride with some good peeps.

damn dude..you're a GF Inhabitant with over 2000+ POST AND YOU STILL don't know if there is an am class?  great job sherlock holmes.

Budz

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »
sorry im not living up to ur standards dude. :P
my post count shouldnt concern u. and second, i really havent been keepin up on the VooDoo thing.
if u must know, my post count is this high cuz my body is broken down and i dont get to ride very often cuz of pain issues which leaves me plenty of time to play on g-f.
luckily i dont waste my posts by knockin on people. :rolleyes:
i would like to attend VooDoo this year, and the website shows nothing about AM class tho i know there has been in the past. id like to get in on it if i could to have some fun with some good people. :mellow:

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »
damn dude..you're a GF Inhabitant with over 2000+ POST AND YOU STILL don't know if there is an am class?  great job sherlock holmes.

I live in New Orleans, stood in a wedding alongside Terry and Scott, viewed the voodoo website before it was public, and I still don't know if there's an amateur competition. Suck it.

quad_simmons

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 04:25:25 AM »

I live in New Orleans, stood in a wedding alongside Terry and Scott, viewed the voodoo website before it was public, and I still don't know if there's an amateur competition. Suck it.

Read below statement Richard Melville Hall.  :wub:

No intermediate is sh*tty, I wanted to come down and ride.

Sorry but we did one last year and participation was not good. Also we do not have a huge budget and we only have this place for one day. It cost a lot to rent the facility.

So,, we have to do what we can with what we have. The Jam the day before is a great time and way to ride all day. All of the Pro's show up and the sessions go on until its dark.

I wish we could accommodate all classes of riding but its just not possible. Thats why we have the jam.

Voodoo is a great contest to come and vibe out. Its not the normal contest where you can hang out and ride all day. Its for viewing the best riders in the world and getting hype the hell up on Flatland. Oh and the party Saturday night after is always a blast as well.

So come on down ride at the jam and on Saturday at the contest get AMPED up and push these guys to there limits.

Thanks
Scott
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:35:05 AM by quad_simmons »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 04:51:51 AM »
sorry im not living up to ur standards dude. :P
my post count shouldnt concern u. and second, i really havent been keepin up on the VooDoo thing.
if u must know, my post count is this high cuz my body is broken down and i dont get to ride very often cuz of pain issues which leaves me plenty of time to play on g-f.
luckily i dont waste my posts by knockin on people. :rolleyes:
i would like to attend VooDoo this year, and the website shows nothing about AM class tho i know there has been in the past. id like to get in on it if i could to have some fun with some good people. :mellow:
Budz you dont have to ,I'll do it for ya.........
Chump! :wub:

Budz

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »
lame! no am class? :rolleyes:
guess ill be chillin in JerZ gettin amped for the Slayer show instead. "SLAYER!!!" :wacko:
part of the excitement of voodoo for me was to actually have some fun competing after so many years.
dont get me wrong, im all about watchin and gettin amped on other people ridin until my A.D.D. kicks in eventually and id much rather be a physical part of things...on my bike.
think ill just hit up a few jams and keep our local NJ/NY sessions goin this summer where i and others dont need to feel excluded cuz we dont have amazing bike skills and arent on the expert or pro level. :ride:

take that any way ya want, but just sayin, ams and beginners are flatlands future, with the exception of some of us old farts who are just gettin back into it for the fun and arent on the level we might have been at years ago, and now consider ourselves ams where as we mightve been on an expert level back then. my point is, its lame to exclude beginners and ams cuz the contest environment is a great way for riders to get amped, inspired, and progress. jams do that too, but contests make riders push harder so that next year(or next event) they might turn the tables and do better.
im sure im not the only one who is bummed, but might be the only who feels passionate enough to ramble like i did.

joshd

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 06:03:49 AM »
budz, see here:
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=25324.0
(be nice to have thread merging)

...there is an AM class, don't understand why that is confusing. 
http://theflatlandvoodoojam.com/registration/

it's probably too late to enter...but if you enter and come...and enough of the people who pre-registered don't come, then you will have a slot.

you should come...slayer imo is not as rad as voodoo.  got like 2 big contests in the US now...that's it...voodoo is not missable.

jd.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »
Slayer does rock!!!!!!I wish I still lived down south to make it to Voodoo!! ;D :beer:

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Yeah, well, you can still suck it asshole.

Budz

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »
Yeah, well, you can still suck it asshole.
who :huh:

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
X-Games or Voodoo Jam (AM registration cut short listed or not), whats worth going attending?

Lets be positive, anyway for some, Voodoo will be the first event ever attended that is exclusively Flatland, and one that is outside ones domain. Ever since I've heard about this event on Pedal BMX years back, I feel it be the most exciting, with a name like VooDoo and location...What more can be said.

Being its cool, then next time it would be great to attend one of these circuit events in another local like Japan.

I'm used to doing events, and not sitting back and just watching people ride, even at the CFOBMX I was tempted to give a hand with the sweeping, it was a good thing I just came off from a trip with no rest. With only 2 days of holiday time for VooDoo, it will nice to experience an event with personal restraints.

Sometimes be one a rider or not, you gotta kick back and let people do their thang and enjoy their ride and give out big cheers.

N
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:10:13 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 10:59:58 PM »
Seriously, you don't need any reason to go other than it's the Voodoo Jam.  IT'S THE FU+KING VOODOO JAM PEOPLE!

I had to go all Mutt on you to get the point across.  If you don't go or have never been, you will be seriously missing out.  That's all I have to say.