Author Topic: Interview: Andy Zeiss about the upcoming COB  (Read 18263 times)

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
Re: Interview: Andy Zeiss about the upcoming COB
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 04:19:03 PM »
man props to justin, if i was one of the best in the world and didnt get the invite id be pitching a fit.thats pretty good money on the line.

While Justin may be one of the best contest riders in the world, I wouldn't rank him in the top ten best riders. 

I am very curious to see your worlds best top ten riders list.

It would be a bunch of old heads that have proven themselves throughout the years to be versatile in all types of flat.  The kind of guys who have done or can do pretty much everything.  It's just MY opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

People like Jones, Gouin, DeGroot, Steingrabber, Meyer, etc...

I think you run into a diffeence in what people are looking for...I personally have a top ten of all time list...then a top ten of riders I'd like to see riding in their own personal lot at home ...it'd be cool to field a Madden All TIme versus current blahzay blahzay. I think it'd be an excellant video series...seriously OSD!!!!

but for a current contest I think people still want to see whats hot right now...and I think Justins hot enough...its not realy a best of all time thingy.

and I'm never wrong Brett. proven over and over....lol
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 04:42:18 PM »
Jeff- It was said that Justin was one of the best riders in the world.  I disagreed with him on that point.  Justin is great but there is something to be said for experience.  Just wait 5 or 6 years and see what Justin is doing then!

Right now I do consider Justin to be one of the best contest riders.  I doubt anyone would disagree.  But contest riding is not everything.  I was talking about everything.  I guess you took my words out of context.  Were you WRONG??? ;D

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »
Possibly, possibly..but we are talking about a contest...I think that's what Chris was talking about.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
with all this digression I don't even know what we were talking about in the first place!  It's hell getting old.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »
I catch myself responding to stuff from protyle post's in 1998...

during luncheon meetings with our management team here in 2007...

Offline brany

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »
man props to justin, if i was one of the best in the world and didnt get the invite id be pitching a fit.thats pretty good money on the line.

While Justin may be one of the best contest riders in the world, I wouldn't rank him in the top ten best riders. 

I am very curious to see your worlds best top ten riders list.

It would be a bunch of old heads that have proven themselves throughout the years to be versatile in all types of flat.  The kind of guys who have done or can do pretty much everything.  It's just MY opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

People like Jones, Gouin, DeGroot, Steingrabber, Meyer, etc...

Except proving himself troughout the years Justin fits in your criteria perfectly I guess...

TJ Perry

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
To be perfectly honest Brett, after watching Justin fool around, I highly.. HIGHLY doubt there is anything that he can't do that any of those riders above can.

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 08:45:53 PM »
TJ- You may be right.  I have only ridden with Justin a couple of times.  He can do a lot more than his contest stuff for sure.  I guess I'm not familar enough with his riding to list him in my top 10.  I do know that riders reach their peak usually after 25 when the years of riding have added to their talent. 

Things are only gonna get better for all of you young guys. 

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »
Justin Is an excellent rider and he deserved to be there just as much if not MORE than some of the people there. He got the shaft on this one.

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »
What do you mean DESERVED?  I don't like that word.  Sure, Justin could be thrown in the mix and fit in.  Red Bull is putting on a contest.  They get to pick the riders.  There is no qualifying.  It's a private party.  Maybe it's their loss that he won't be there.

I have nothing against Justin.  This topic just gets me because everyone is getting so worked up over a frickin' contest and who's invited and who isn't.  WHO CARES?  Does it impact YOU?  If you don't like it, ignore it.  Don't make up drama.  There is no conspiracy against Justin or flatland.  It is what it is.  The only people that DESERVE to give a crap are Justin and his wife.  They are the ones directly effected. 

This is as bad as a bunch of drunks at a bar arguing over who the best quarterback is.

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »
word
flatland lives!

Offline sharp4130

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »
I read this and it reminds me of Trevor a few years back.  He seemed to get a bad rep. because he was winning all the time.  It looks like Justin is getting the same deal. 

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »
What do you mean DESERVED?  I don't like that word.  Sure, Justin could be thrown in the mix and fit in.  Red Bull is putting on a contest.  They get to pick the riders.  There is no qualifying.  It's a private party.  Maybe it's their loss that he won't be there.

I have nothing against Justin.  This topic just gets me because everyone is getting so worked up over a frickin' contest and who's invited and who isn't.  WHO CARES?  Does it impact YOU?  If you don't like it, ignore it.  Don't make up drama.  There is no conspiracy against Justin or flatland.  It is what it is.  The only people that DESERVE to give a crap are Justin and his wife.  They are the ones directly effected. 

This is as bad as a bunch of drunks at a bar arguing over who the best quarterback is.

most those drunks in the bar dont go out and play football everyday.and quarterbacks arent exactly struggling..I think if you care about flatland it matters.

I mean if we dont ever have opinions how can you form standards period? In an aspect of life?

and who really created this? The interview from what I can tell occured directly because of this issue..so in fact the only reason this thread is thriving is because the promoter felt the need to explain, but without much explaining.

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 11:05:22 PM »
I care about flatland but I don't see the big deal.  A private contest invited who they want.  If it was a big deal concerning who shows up and who isn't, everyone would boycott.  As long as big money is being thrown out there, people will show.

It's just like the X Games.  Everyone invited figured they would cash in while they could.  It's a big contest but ramp guys don't complain who is or isn't there. 

Contests, sponsors, video parts, the internet isn't flatland.  Riding your bike in a parking lot is flatland. 

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 11:18:09 PM »
I care about flatland but I don't see the big deal.  A private contest invited who they want.  If it was a big deal concerning who shows up and who isn't, everyone would boycott.  As long as big money is being thrown out there, people will show.

It's just like the X Games.  Everyone invited figured they would cash in while they could.  It's a big contest but ramp guys don't complain who is or isn't there. 

Contests, sponsors, video parts, the internet isn't flatland.  Riding your bike in a parking lot is flatland. 

I wasnt talking about boycotting. I was simply saying their decision sucks and it'd be better for them to atleast do a better job of explaining it when they obviously felt it needed an explanation. Thus the interview. Having an opinion about someones decision isnt taking their god given right to hold any contest however exclussive they want it to be away from them. Redbulls is free to run their organization as they fit..I beg for people to observe their free market rights all the time. I also say no ones above judgement.

Justin not gettin invited as arguably the best CURRENT rider in the world or atleast as one of them Is a joke. Im not calling for a government intervention Brett or an international boycott by flatlanders that might cost REDbull $2.35 next year. I dont even believe in market based "revenge" or extortion I leave that for Unions and activist's. Im saying I think what Zeis said was silly, unfounded, and they can run their contest. He's doing just fine.

The best rider on Earth not being invited to the best flatland contest in the world..is something to stress abot but panick or wahtever you think we are doing by merely discussing it.

So I guess based upon that then no private company should be judged for its private decision. I could never say that Marge Shot investing in the Reds was a bad deal for the Reds. Or however tht devilish women ended up at the helm.