Author Topic: York Jam  (Read 68352 times)

Budz

Re: York Jam
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
I'll be there. With a few of the crew too.

Wouldn't be the same without Huff Daddy and Isaiah.  Is Mr. Moore back from his tour of duty yet?
missed Isaiah last year...why he no come an playyy?

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:30 AM »
Mike is back and just whining about his broken cranks.

Izookie couldn't get off work last year, but he'll be there this year.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »
Mike is back and just whining about his broken cranks.

Izookie couldn't get off work last year, but he'll be there this year.

Tell Mike to get some cranks on that bike before York. Cuz I am not going to drive around with him looking for cranks again.  ;D :beer: ;D :beer:

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

timk4130!

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 06:37:54 AM »
Budz...Where you thinking of doing the campground thing again? if so, i am bringing ear plugs to stop the sounds of them nagging bull frogs. Holy Crap dude, i don't know if i can take that again! =)

ozz

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »
Budz...Where you thinking of doing the campground thing again? if so, i am bringing ear plugs to stop the sounds of them nagging bull frogs. Holy Crap dude, i don't know if i can take that again! =)
im in for some camping this year at york and hey tim i hope to meet up with you and budz so see you soon thank rick

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »
Me and my fiance are coming down! We are most def down for some camping...

Budz

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »
yea...still down with the camping thing for this year.
Abubaca did the booking at the site we were at last year, but this year i guess ill be doin that. unless someone else wants to. :huh: hehe. last year was very unorganized and had a few last last second cancellation and a few last second sign ups. lets try and get an accurate head count this year ahead of time. sorry, but any last second mind changers will have to fend for their own. ;)
also, it wont be at the same place as last time cuz we totally fkd that place up last year and broke some rules we didnt realize until after the fact. oops! ;D haha.
this years spot will be a bit further away but worth it. should only be a 20-25 min drive from the jam area and is surrounded by water which is kool cuz water fun is always good too.
ill start inquiring soon about sites, and how many tents and people per site. and cost per nite n such then get it posted up here. all i can say is that its cheaper than staying at a hotel and imo alot more fun and relaxing...unless it rains or we get raided by hungry bears.hehe.
anyone wanting to partake will have to supply their own tents. dont think u can keep ur cars parked at the actual site like we somehow got away with last year so u will need to unload and then park the cars in a nearby lot. dont hold me to that tho. i dont have all the 411 yet.
i dont know all the details, but well get it sorted soon. its still very early.
glad Diggs gave us all an early heads up! :beer:
hope to see some of the same faces around the campfire and some new ones!

Budz

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
for anyone who is interested, here is the camp ground website.

www.conewagoisle.com

lets try and dominate sites 1 thru 10 if possible. ;)
they seem to be a bit more secluded from the rest of the camp and gives us better odds of being louder without the hassles from the man. ;D
if people want to do their own reserving/booking, please be my guest. it may actually be easier if people did their own reservations. this way i wont have to worry about headcounts and whos in and whos out etc.
ill give the camp a call during the week to find out how many people and tents are allowed to each site. if anyone gets this info before me, please post it up.
as it stands, per 2 people per tent is just under 30 beans per nite. u do the math, its cheap. :mellow:

btw-no flatlandin :angry: ^_^ on beer bottle covered picnic tables allowed this year!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:18:50 PM by Budz »

Budz

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
im in for some camping this year at york and hey tim i hope to meet up with you and budz so see you soon thank rick
Rick, it will be awesome to finally meet u dude! :beer:

Tim, i have no control over those fkn bullfrogs. so, bring ur ear plugs 4 sure...cuz ya never know. ;)  ^_^  and bring the "Taj Mahal" too! :beer:

timk4130!

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Bud! If i can help out in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask! (so no photo shoot on picknik tables this year? DAM !)   =)   RIck , i am working my way to moving more west this week, so if i don't make it to the sunshine state before this, you and who-ever else is more than welcome! I am looking forward to riding with you in the neer future! Also Steve, That's cool if you bring your Girlfriend...My wife will be there camping out also, and i am still working on Marty and his girlfriend to come to a few more events together this year. Even though times are pretty tuff for me and my wife right now, things should be looking up very soon, and i hope to hang with more of you at this years event! Take Care- TK

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 04:54:39 AM »
Yea I'm gonna be at this one hopefully, work didn't allow last go around but I put in for my vacation tonight so hopefully it will get approved. DAMN SUPERVISION!

I talked to Mike last night and he missed the N.C. jam because of a blown engine (brand new mustang R.I.P.) But I am tring to talk him into hitting the INDY comp and York he might have to ride with Bryan because I might be getting a 2 seater soon.

timk4130!

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 09:02:18 AM »
bud...also i am going to leave early friday so i can ''set-up'' camp and not worry about it this year.

Budz

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »
bud...also i am going to leave early friday so i can ''set-up'' camp and not worry about it this year.
ill probably be up there Friday again this year too. just makes it easier to get settled.
i mean, check in time is about 3pm so itll be crazy to check in on the day of the jam. im sure most people will want to be riding at 3pm-not runnin off to the camp.

on the camp site it says they dont really give u what site u ask for(only sometimes).
so i guess the best thing would be for people to log onto the camp website and make yourself a reservation. its just easier if people do it themselves. im half burnt out as it is...it may not be a good idea to let me handle your bookings. this way u can contact the camp and let them know approx what time u will be showing up and on what day...this way, if u come later, they dont give your site to someone else thinking u are not coming.
ill still call them to find out how many people and tents are allowed on each site.
then after the jam, even if our sites are scattered around the camp, we can all kinda meet up at a central site for some drinks, conversation,  drunken picnic table wheelies.haha, or whatever.

what do people think of that? any suggestions are welcome.
heres how i see it- lets say i book a site right now-ill post that i have one booked...then whoever wants in on the site gives me some info on when theyre showin up(day/time etc), how long they are staying(ill be there Fri and leave early Sun), and whether or not they are bringing other people. know what i mean?...last year was awesome but it was crazy. no one really knew what other people were doin. i stayed up late as hell Fri nite waitin for Paula and Danielle comin in from Canada, then the next day after the jam it wasnt really organized either, but somehow it worked out and everyone got a site. anyone who was there knows what im talkin about. ;)

so,
- go to the website and do your own booking/reservation this year at your own convenience.
- post when u get a site here on g-f
- let whoever wants to stay with u on your site and get their info.
- etc etc
it will work out better for everyone this way.
also, bring your own tents and sleeping bags/gear.
share food, drinks, and firewood expenses with whoever stays at your site. unless of course everyone drinks and eats something different. ;)
RIDE LIKE A MOFO AND HAVE AN AWESOME TIME WITH GOOD PEOPLE AT THE JAM!!!!

*if anyone has an RV or travel trailer-the camp has sites with full hook ups(water, electricity, etc) for u too.

timk4130!

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
Dude seriously, rv? travel trailers? Thats not camping.(but i do have access to 1)

Budz

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
haha. i agree, its not camping. ^_^
just threw that out there in case anyone has one and needs a place to stick it for the nite. ;)
RVs and trailers are great for hot-boxin!
o-wait...i cant say that on g-f can i?!?!haha ;D