Author Topic: Zero Degrees Of Flat  (Read 18356 times)

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
Re: Zero Degrees Of Flat
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »
Wow!  What a horrible start to the weekend... I get the car packed, bike ready, gas tipped off and ready to go.... and can't find the birth certificate! Can't get over the boarder without it....

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
Forge the damn thing.

timk4130!

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 06:00:18 AM »
''Who's your daddy!'' (sorry Steve-had too!) (and sorry about your misfortune of misplacement) =(

Offline Actual

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »
NOOOO STEEEEEVE. Dam.

You have two more months to find it!
Cp

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »
Good times last night fellas. Thanks to all involved.   :beer:  :beer:
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline BlackPonyBMX

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:56 AM »
To everyone that came out to our first ever flatland jam; THANK YOU! Your support means alot to a small shop like ours. The raffle and donation jar were well supported. The evening was great. I can't begin to explain all the festivities, the tricks, the music, the atmosphere. Incredible. Names like, "Voodoo North" were being thrown around at the afterparty, which is flattering to say the least. For those who couldn't make it, this jam was awesome. Really relaxed, chill vibe. There were about 30 people who showed up with bikes and about 20 people who were riding hardcore. The riders were getting used to the small area and the jam circle started and took care of itself. Our formal "8 riders at a time, then another 8, and so on," idea was scrapped and things flowed pretty smooth. Some retarded lines were being pulled by the likes of Tall Paul, the Cameron bros., Pasheel G, Alex P, Addison, Andrew Wylie and so many more. With many non-flatters in the bar and people drunk off their face by 8pm, we judged the winner of the Midnite Battle by audience applause. No technical scoring here. People wanted to see something crazy and the fast spins of Alex Poirier earned him bragging rights for a year and a sweeet X26 stem from St. Martin. Congrats again Alex! There will be video and pics soon. A quick video is in the works. There were many cameras going that nite so check your Facebook for pics and vids posted by your friends. On our end, www.downsidebmx.com will have pics and vids soon. Thanks again for supporting Freestyle BMX in Ontario, and see you at FU 5!

Prasheel

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 03:53:11 AM »
Thank you Black Pony BMX!  A great contest, well set up, especially for your first ever flatland jam.  Hopefully not the last!!  I couldn't be more happy with how it went, the vibe, and as soon as it finished, running to the bar for drinks...Best feeling ever.

Here's one picture our photographer took, keep an eye on his flikr account for more, this is just a preview: http://flickr.com/photos/dylanleeder/

Offline BlackPonyBMX

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 04:29:46 AM »
no prob Alex and everyone else! Thanks for the many "thank you"s but I gotta use this opportunity to thank the many other people involved that made this a success. Thanks to our sister-web company, www.DownsideBMX.com and Glenn and Sabrina at Eat Dirt Racing for all their selfless assistance. We're proud to have you in the Freestyle Union (FU 4life!!) Reggie and Tall Paul for all their help and input that only true flatlanders could provide. Jackie Pashley and her BassLine Jack crew; thanks for some awesome tunes! Check them out at the Black Pony/Downside booth at the Bike Show in March. Thanks to Red Bull for keeping us energized and of course Adrian at the Sports Garden Cafe for bringing us inside and letting us gouge up his dancefloor. And to anyone I forgot to mention, Thanks!

Offline BlackPonyBMX

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 04:37:39 AM »
yo! Click http://www.downsidebmx.com/images/Zeroedit.wmv for a quick edit of some footy from the jam courtesy of www.DownsideBMX.com There were other cameras there, so look out for some more intense vids on Facebook and other sites in a couple days.

Peace!
Jonah F

Prasheel

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 06:32:26 AM »
Check out http://pralex-pralex.blogspot.com/ for a write-up of the event.

Offline Burlington Spencer

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 05:10:13 PM »
Thanks Black Pony!

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »
Yo... Results? Pictures? Video?  So upset I missed it... Good run down by the way Pralex! But I want more!!!

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2009, 12:09:27 AM »
There's already a video floating around on facebook.  It's on Downside BMX's and Black Pony's profile pages.  Fenton, Lachlan, Dugald, Alex, and myself are tagged in it, possibly others as well.

As for results, Alex took first. Paul and Lachlan made it in to the top three, but there was never a second or third place actually appointed.  Everyone else had fun and rode well, but not as well as those three, so there was no placings beyond that.

As for pictures, our photographer is just busy with a lot of stuff at the moment (damn you school), but he's going through the photos, so they'll show up soon enough.  We will definately share them with you as soon as we can.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2009, 07:17:50 AM »
Great Foto's ...all in good heart event...just like Flatland...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE