Author Topic: Who has the lightest ?  (Read 28202 times)

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
Re: Who has the lightest ?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
Paris III CS is 11,9'' like in global-flat parts or 12,9'' like on khe www ?

timk4130!

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
Sad part, is that most of you that say it's too light, would accually shell out the cash if it was endorced by your favorite rider.....t.j. i am over whoppers, i just know how people are about weight ratios vs. whoppers.....i think this is why you see alot of kids doing them today....so no stab, just a relative question, take care.....tk

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
this bike looks nice as tits but...it's tiny. like, i ride a 19.5 incher and it's just a LITTLE too big. 18.2 would be like clown bike status.

what do they mean by a "euro" bottom bracket? excuse my bike-nub-iness.

A bottom bracket is the part of the frame where the cranks are attached to. A euro is just the size of the bottom bracket in this case. There are many diffent sizes of bottom bracket some of them are american, mid, spanish, euro. American is the bigger and euro is the smaller of the sizes.
 As far as a clown bike, you might be surprised with 18.2 toptube. I'm just under 6 foot tall and I prefer the shorter toptubes frames.......Hope this helps....Russ

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
Sad part, is that most of you that say it's too light, would accually shell out the cash if it was endorced by your favorite rider.....t.j. i am over whoppers, i just know how people are about weight ratios vs. whoppers.....i think this is why you see alot of kids doing them today....so no stab, just a relative question, take care.....tk
hi,
i read your post and i didnt understand it,cause i dont speak/understand perfect english.
did you ment that the whopper is easier with a light frame?

this has been discussed again,if you are a smooth rider something lighter might help you.
if you are heavy,hard rider you will crack your frame eventually in some time.
so you need a heavier frame.
i wouldnt ride a 1.5 kg frame because i will definately crack it very fast with the tricks i am learning  and my riding style,plus my body type.
1.8 to 2.3 lb  is the perfect weight for me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:52:31 PM by sakis d »

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »
even that collier frame :huh:

Most likely.
this frame is probably the stronger frame in flat at the moment,same goes for the s & m.
altough learning whoopers with 100+ psi can crack everything.
that my opinion
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:45:02 PM by sakis d »

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 08:08:18 PM »
this bike looks nice as tits but...it's tiny. like, i ride a 19.5 incher and it's just a LITTLE too big. 18.2 would be like clown bike status.

what do they mean by a "euro" bottom bracket? excuse my bike-nub-iness.

A bottom bracket is the part of the frame where the cranks are attached to. A euro is just the size of the bottom bracket in this case. There are many diffent sizes of bottom bracket some of them are american, mid, spanish, euro. American is the bigger and euro is the smaller of the sizes.
 As far as a clown bike, you might be surprised with 18.2 toptube. I'm just under 6 foot tall and I prefer the shorter toptubes frames.......Hope this helps....Russ

thanks, i knew what a bb was but i didn't know about the different styles.

i bet when i get a new, flatland specific bike with a shorter top tube everything will seem a lot better

timk4130!

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »
This was "in perspective" of 14-16yr old kids doing whoppers and tailwhip variations on everything.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
Haven't heard of a strowler breaking yet. They might be whopper proof and TJ proof?

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
This was "in perspective" of 14-16yr old kids doing whoppers and tailwhip variations on everything.
does that make whopper easy?
have you ever tried that trick?
so then why more people dont do this trick?since its a beginner trick!
and do you have a video of the lardyard glide?

TJ Perry

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »
Haven't heard of a strowler breaking yet. They might be whopper proof and TJ proof?

I was wondering about those. It might be my next frame, but who knows.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

I was wondering about those. It might be my next frame, but who knows.

Not sure if you rode a strowler yet TJ but there pretty damn nice...just a simple design but the thing feels really solid. Nice comfortable geometry. Worst thing I can say is I didn't care too much for the green color it was but that is immaterial. :)

monkeyflat

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »

is this the user formerly known as timk4130....i barely understand waht you say ever...i think you should quit trying to be deep or smart or whatever it is.... and just make your point in a way that someone can understand it...if you had a point even that is...
anyways

timk4130!

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
E-motion...I can only think you are still pissed from last winter...ohh well..... sakas(?) Yes, i can do whoppers, on my ramp bike, but not on my flat bike (wierd??) and i have sent out a edited 20 minute video to my friend in Louisville Ky to use in his upcoming video. 16 minutes of that video are of lardyard glide variations...starting from the basic glide, onto the "hard-flip" (lardyard glide on seat 360 bike flip back to lardyard glide on seat) then ending with the "toliet seat" (side saddle hang nothing lardyard glide in a circle) some of these where accually filmed for Intikat's web contest, but nothing came of it, and i wanted to contribute something good to a good cause...if interested, shoot me a p.m. and i'll hook you up with the contact info down there =)

monkeyflat

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2008, 02:30:27 AM »
nah i dont care about that sh*t^ i hardly even remember what that was about....anyways seems like youre always filming or i remember that one post have a new trick on your cellphone- a hardflip?? dont know whats that but anyways......has there been a video of you online? is there a video of you online? i know i havent been on this site for a while but nah i dont think theres a video of you anywhere to be found...theres always a video coming in the near future...but nah i dont ever recall seeing a video if your tricks...please correct me if im wrong though

TJ Perry

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2008, 02:41:51 AM »
nah i dont care about that sh*t^ i hardly even remember what that was about....anyways seems like youre always filming or i remember that one post have a new trick on your cellphone- a hardflip?? dont know whats that but anyways......has there been a video of you online? is there a video of you online? i know i havent been on this site for a while but nah i dont think theres a video of you anywhere to be found...theres always a video coming in the near future...but nah i dont ever recall seeing a video if your tricks...please correct me if im wrong though

+1