Author Topic: Incubus video contest: Terry Adams video  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Incubus video contest: Terry Adams video
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »
The band Incubus is doing a video contest called I dig incubus. Mickey Gaidos and Terry Adams made a video for this contest including - of course - some flatland scenes. The video that wins the contest will be the official music video for the new Incubus song. On YouTube you can find a group where all the videos are posted: I dig Incubus Group.
Check out Mickey's and Terry's video and leave them a positive comment if you want to see that video on MTV soon.
URL:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BktXl-HFU Small | Large

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
Re: Incubus video contest: Terry Adams video
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:06:50 PM »
The video is actually cool but flatland makes no sense at all under the context of the lyrics, at least from the moment Terry kisses that hottie and leaves all mad and rides?

I mean, everything is great until he leaves home mad, the effects look really cool and professional but flatland is just not suitable in my opinion, or any other sport for that mather...

Offline Bento

• Funky Chicken
  • PR FLATLAND CREW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:02:05 PM »
nice vibes from the video:)i realy liked..some points are hard to understand but in overall is realy cool
PR FLATLAND CREW

Offline laame

• Hitchhiker
  • disbalanced
    • laame.info
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
I'm with Hugo, flatland makes no sense at all!
Life in Motion

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
I do understand, a friend... more than a friend who's always there to bring you up from a bad moment ... flatland ... a girl... lol
I think they should have stayed away from flatland or any sport at all. Anyway, I'd love sseing that winning the contest!

blindingsun

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
terry adams is sick. he totally loves his bike more than any hot chick
lol

Offline laame

• Hitchhiker
  • disbalanced
    • laame.info
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »
terry adams is sick. he totally loves his bike more than any hot chick
lol

There is the proof -
Small | Large
Life in Motion

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 06:29:13 AM »
check this one out too, made in New Zealand :ph34r:

Small | Large
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

TJ Perry

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAEMlkllqzU

I'm sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. It's stupid how we have to make ourselves out to be some sort of backdrop for HORRIBLE HORRIBLE music as a 2nd rate sideshow to give ourselves a pat on the back for the "exposer" we got.

Seriously, come ON.  :angry:

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »
I'm with Hugo, flatland makes no sense at all!

Ive been saying this for years.

shall we all sip that cool aid and take that collective dirt nap with no wake up calls?

I'll start...its been real...

aw f*ck it..too lazy...think I'll just get double blowdeded and ride my bike.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »

I'm sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. It's stupid how we have to make ourselves out to be some sort of backdrop for HORRIBLE HORRIBLE music as a 2nd rate sideshow to give ourselves a pat on the back for the "exposer" we got.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that video sucks assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHAT

Hahahaha

Come on, that guy's face... And the way he sings (can I call it that?).. The song name? I was alone until tonight... ppppfffhahahahaha

And then some dorks riding backwards and doing barspins  :rolleyes:

Greajt expozure guyz!

Mickey's vid is ok, but doesn't look 'professional mtv-style' enough to make the cut I believe.
Not enough drama too... Maybe Terry's tire should go flat while he's riding home and trailer caught on fire with his gf sleeping in it after taken too many pills or something... Yeah.
Drama I tell ya! Drama!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 03:51:33 AM »
I have watched the video several tims over. I love it from the begining to the end.
We all have a sickness
That cleverly attaches and multiplies
No matter how hard we try.
We all have someone that digs at us,
At least we dig each other

The Sickness is the love for Flatland and at least we dig each other is Vanessa. As they are drivig back from the photo shoot. the song says
Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Oh each other....
When everything
Else is gone.

As they drive pass all the torn down houses becasue of Katrina. (Remind me that we'll still have each other when everyth8ing esle is gone. Speaks on many different levels. Yeah I get it..and it fit so perfectly. I really hope it wins.

I had started a thread awhile back called "Music Video and Flatland" good to see it under a different thread..helping spread the word!!!

Keep on Riding!!

Mark

TJ Perry

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 04:53:47 AM »
I have watched the video several tims over. I love it from the begining to the end.
We all have a sickness
That cleverly attaches and multiplies
No matter how hard we try.
We all have someone that digs at us,
At least we dig each other

The Sickness is the love for Flatland and at least we dig each other is Vanessa. As they are drivig back from the photo shoot. the song says
Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Oh each other....
When everything
Else is gone.

As they drive pass all the torn down houses becasue of Katrina. (Remind me that we'll still have each other when everyth8ing esle is gone. Speaks on many different levels. Yeah I get it..and it fit so perfectly. I really hope it wins.

I had started a thread awhile back called "Music Video and Flatland" good to see it under a different thread..helping spread the word!!!

Keep on Riding!!

Mark

oh, ok  :rolleyes:

rully

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 08:06:30 AM »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that video sucks assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHAT

Hahahaha

Come on, that guy's face... And the way he sings (can I call it that?).. The song name? I was alone until tonight... ppppfffhahahahaha

And then some dorks riding backwards and doing barspins  :rolleyes:

Greajt expozure guyz!

Mickey's vid is ok, but doesn't look 'professional mtv-style' enough to make the cut I believe.
Not enough drama too... Maybe Terry's tire should go flat while he's riding home and trailer caught on fire with his gf sleeping in it after taken too many pills or something... Yeah.
Drama I tell ya! Drama!

it might not be as good as if you make your own video but both of the 'dorks riding backwards and doing barspins' are my friends, what do you do when people call your friend 'dork'? i'm sure you were at that stage once, as a 'dork'.
let's not forget our shells, ok? we all ride flatland and we're trying for it to get more exposure so the cause will spread. what's so 'dork' about it?

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 08:57:59 AM »
Yeah, ok so maybe the term 'dork' wasn't really appropriate, for which I apoligize...
And yes, I was once too a little kid doing barspins and squeakers but I would never have thought of riding in a music vid with my level of riding..

I can understand where they're coming from though, the guy who is pretty good on the pink bike knows them and the 'lead singer' asked for as many bmxing peeps in the background.

Still... Gah, don't know.. That video leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you know...