Author Topic: 2009 ares ay spear  (Read 12216 times)

Offline Levi

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
2009 ares ay spear
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
all info from http://aresbykesamerica.blogspot.com/

Coming soon! Pre order now.

York's Translation for 2009 AY Spear frame

The new frame which York’s currently testing, AY Spear is a special model only for him. The spec is 470mm top tube length, RC 280mm, the weight is 1.46kg / 3.2lbs and HA is 75 degree.

The production model spec will be top tube length is 18.5/470mm RC315mm,HA75 degree and the weight is 1.5kg / 3.3lbs. It’s 200g lighter than previous model. Seat stay and chain stay is squashed treated, and rear end is lighter. The curve of under tuber is a little bit gentle.

“Spear” stands for pushing yourself for Flatland to the ultimate level and a spur that symbolize the growth of flatland, reaching the branch. (A seed is Ashura, then AY means the growth. The sticker on seat tube express the image.)

Lime green will be available (it looks like yellow under the sun)

I hope a rider get this bike attracts new kids for BMX and Flatland will more get exposed in 2009.

http://aresbykesamerica.com/

Offline RATL

• Hitchhiker
Re: 2009 ares ay spear
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
Already sent Scott a message! Hope he got it! Lime green is hot!

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
all info from http://aresbykesamerica.blogspot.com/

Coming soon! Pre order now.

York's Translation for 2009 AY Spear frame

The new frame which York’s currently testing, AY Spear is a special model only for him. The spec is 470mm top tube length, RC 280mm, the weight is 1.46kg / 3.2lbs and HA is 75 degree.

The production model spec will be top tube length is 18.5/470mm RC315mm,HA75 degree and the weight is 1.5kg / 3.3lbs. It’s 200g lighter than previous model. Seat stay and chain stay is squashed treated, and rear end is lighter. The curve of under tuber is a little bit gentle.

“Spear” stands for pushing yourself for Flatland to the ultimate level and a spur that symbolize the growth of flatland, reaching the branch. (A seed is Ashura, then AY means the growth. The sticker on seat tube express the image.)

Lime green will be available (it looks like yellow under the sun)

I hope a rider get this bike attracts new kids for BMX and Flatland will more get exposed in 2009.

http://aresbykesamerica.com/

rear center 28 cm!
thats short!i guess the tire would be 2 cm  away from the seattube angle at 11"!!
more stable for frontwheel tricks

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:29:32 PM »
rear center 28 cm!
thats short!i guess the tire would be 2 cm  away from the seattube angle at 11"!!

I'm a fan or Ares designs but the CS geo makes no sense, particularly if you do back wheel stuff. You can see all these companies' designs going down the drain just to save a few grams. KHE and ST Martin with CS at 12"...

It is a shame Ares no longer puts a brain on non-Japanese or back-wheel riders, who might be in need of a more backwheel friendly frame.. 

Offline handspin

• Backpacker
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »
spearchuckingly sweet
S I N C E  2005  | LA | SD | NYC | BOS |  ONE LOVE
¹    ²    ³ 
ʑɚȷʎʇʂ

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:14:40 AM »
rear center 28 cm!

I'm a fan or Ares designs but the CS geo makes no sense, particularly if you do back wheel stuff. You can see all these companies' designs going down the drain just to save a few grams. KHE and ST Martin with CS at 12"...

It is a shame Ares no longer puts a brain on non-Japanese or back-wheel riders, who might be in need of a more backwheel friendly frame.. 
Its York's personal design. Great for some and not for others.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 01:18:28 AM »
(A seed is Ashura, then AY means the growth. The sticker on seat tube express the image.)

Uhhhhh Takashi Ito himself told me that AY stands for Ares York.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
(A seed is Ashura, then AY means the growth. The sticker on seat tube express the image.)

Maybe it means both.

Offline brflatland

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 12:26:13 PM »
that frame i awesome...

Offline S.C.aifey

• Backpacker
  • Go on..hop in my car...i got candy
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »

Maybe it means both.

marvel at the infinite wisdom of karl karlson :beer:
Any thoughts and comments expressed above are purely my own personal opinion. If you dont like it then feel free to f*ck off.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »
wow i really like it :beer:
hope a bit cheaper than AY47

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

Maybe it means both.

AY does stand for Ares York.

What I think York is talking about is the meaning behind the frame and the progression the design of the frame has taken for himself.
Each frame has had a mission and growth of Flatland is VERY important to York. So I think that is what he means.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »
wow i really like it :beer:
hope a bit cheaper than AY47
Sorry but I doubt that very seriously.
As I have always stated there are many reasons for higher priced Ares Japanese products.
-The cost of the tubing is more then the normal Japanese Sanko. Ares has a custom tubing.
-High end quality shop in Taiwan makes them.
-Less numbers produced in each batch, maybe 60 frames, most companies do a lot more so its less to produce.
-Japan market is the most expensive in the world, so people just pay more for items there in general.
-Shipping from Japan is super expensive and I can't get the product direct from Taiwan. In the future there could possibly be a direct route from Taiwan to me and there could be some relief, but we are not close to that yet. For now the product goes to Japan first and then to me. Japan must pay shipping and tax cost on them before the even get to me. More cost factors.

Trust me when I tell you there is a lot that goes into delivering Ares products through Ares Bykes America. Its a specific service and deals with a one on one basis.

I do understand you and others concerns about pricing and I wish there was more we could do. We try our best to help customers out when they multiple items.

Thanks
Scott O

www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »
York Uno's AY Spear
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline EZChris