Poll

Do you want an additional forum for events ?

Yes
29 (69%)
No
9 (21.4%)
Maybe ;)
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: January 13, 2007, 09:49:04 AM

Author Topic: Additional forum categories ?  (Read 11692 times)

Offline Rompy

• Hitchhiker
Additional forum categories ?
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:27:16 PM »
I think it would be great to have a forum category for posting about sessions or small events happening.

Would it be possible to create a "Sessions" or "Jams" category, does anyone agree ?

any other ideas? Id like to see global flat Forums community grow in the advent of PedalBMX really sucking these days id rather use this Forum since this site is by far superior!  :mellow:

mutt

Re: Additional forum categories ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 01:51:07 AM »
I GAVE MARTIN A LIST OF FORUMS HE SHOULD
ADD AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL ACT ON IT IN 2007

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:13:36 AM »
Well I can see where you guys are comming from, but I think GF Is o.k. as it is, I mean, its not like each category is so filled with active threads that some active ones get moved to the second page, and besides I don't want GF to turn into another *cough* pedalbmx *cough*. not that martin would ever that that happen.

Offline Rompy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:16:20 AM »
Well I can see where you guys are comming from, but I think GF Is o.k. as it is, I mean, its not like each category is so filled with active threads that some active ones get moved to the second page, and besides I don't want GF to turn into another *cough* pedalbmx *cough*. not that martin would ever that that happen.

Im not saying to add a bunch of other categories but seperating events/sessions would make sense as we can find those topics more easily and it might generate more posts on that topic.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »
Hey

I added a poll to this topic. So let's see ..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:27:31 AM by martin »

Offline Terold

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:02:11 AM »
everyone loved when pedal bmx was one forum for all flatland, pics and what not. Then mods would move everything you type!

Offline Rompy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 03:45:13 AM »
Hey

I added a poll to this topic. So let's see ..

good idea Martin, thanks.

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
Is there really any need for new categories?

I think it's pretty much perfect right now.

If there were more categories, the population would "spread" around. And I for one don't like to go through 10 different categories to see what´s up.

Maybe in future, if this forum gets a lot bigger and bigger and you'll find 30 jam reports on the same page in flatland-category, but not at the moment.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:33:36 AM by Henrik »

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »
any other ideas? Id like to see global flat Forums community grow in the advent of PedalBMX really sucking these days id rather use this Forum since this site is by far superior!  :mellow:

hell yea, that "upgrade" was unecessary, it was fine as it was. Using the community as beta testers. And after all of that, it's worse..
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

mutt

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
i added my vote
heya just a few more forums
not many as it is almost perfect here
i think masked vulgar should be banned
and i know one of the moderator and i
talked about this.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »
well event forum would be better because there is always the news bot in GF that gets in the way...

also a little bit more arrangement and order in here would be awesome  :beer:

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 03:55:21 PM »
Hey hey don't blame the mighty news_bot  ;D

So it looks like we are going to open an event forum or category. There aren't too many positive posts in this topic but much more votes ..

By the way I don't think there is a need for many more categories. The only sense of an additional category should be to improve the overview and order in the forum. And in my opinion for the events it makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:07:17 PM by martin »

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 05:37:02 PM »
here we go,it satrts with the events then the pics section.then b4 you know it u  got 10 different classifeds section,axe body spray adds everywhere,shout boxes.dont u do it!if its not broke do not fiw it.you see why every one left pedal,they started changing sh*t.ppl got tired of it.keep it the same.its not like this is the myspace forums and u post something and a day latter its gone forever.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:44 PM »
here we go,it satrts with the events then the pics section.then b4 you know it u  got 10 different classifeds section,axe body spray adds everywhere,shout boxes.dont u do it!if its not broke do not fiw it.you see why every one left pedal,they started changing ****.ppl got tired of it.keep it the same.its not like this is the myspace forums and u post something and a day latter its gone forever.
ye i hope this place wont go that far, but there is a forum in my country that has 0 sub forums, and its a freaking mess!!!!
just add max more 2 forums, dont do pics and vids... its too much and also not that frequen in my opinion, a stickied thread works perfectly always  -_-

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:21 PM »
yeah there is this BMX froum i go on and it does my head in. it has all disaplines but we all share a video and bike check page so i posted my bike it was gone in a day and of course there is like 10 flatlanders and i think 1 saw it.
but here its nicely done. but if bike pics could be a sticky that would be nice.
but i dont see anything wrong with it martin really  :wub: