Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 4045 times)

Offline 011y

Fitness
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:42:24 PM »
So after being back on my bike this week after a long break I remembered how much of a sweat can be built up even in these cold winter nights and I'm curious to how important fitness is to flatland and the fitness benefits of riding flatland.

I've noticed a lot of pro's look like their in really good shape (not ghey), does this come just from riding or do they do any kind of strength training, and how important is strength?

How comparable do you think a daily session is to say a joggers daily run?

bloody flat

Re: Fitness
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »
Surely Flatland Influences your fitness.....espacially your arms and calves.Your holding 7-15kg on normal rolling tricks only with your arms and regulate the balance with your legs.

But i think many pro`s do something for there fitness not only with flatland.if you look bram verhallen on some fotos,his abdinal or stomach muscles are in high gear and these muscles become not only with flatland that big....

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
that's because Bram works out because he wants to look like Vin Diesel -_-
flatland lives!

Thlayli

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:05:57 AM »
I've got an oft-told story I can relate again.

When I started riding flat, I'd been pinned to the computer (internet, gaming, stuff like that) for pretty much five, six years straight. In that time, I'd managed to balloon up to nearly 200lbs... a lot, considering my body size/type. Within four months, I was down to 165lbs. No special diet, no exercise plan, just riding. I rubbed it in hard with my brother and my boss, who were both trying to lose weight through that retarded Atkins diet. After a while, I equalized at 150lbs, and I've been maintaining that fairly easily; still no special diet, still no working out. I imagine I'd be in even better shape if I rode more often than I am right now. I'd sure as hell be better.

Keep riding, you'll hit your equilibrium point soon enough, and after a couple weeks or so you won't even be getting sore like you are now. It's a freakin' workout in and of itself.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »
my storys pretty much the same as thaylia's cept I have more wieght to lose, I started at like 230 and im down to 190 after 3 months. no diet change.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 02:26:04 PM »
Surely Flatland Influences your fitness.....espacially your arms and calves.Your holding 7-15kg on normal rolling tricks only with your arms and regulate the balance with your legs.

But i think many pro`s do something for there fitness not only with flatland.if you look bram verhallen on some fotos,his abdinal or stomach muscles are in high gear and these muscles become not only with flatland that big....

also, Many people dont realize that your body's core balace comes from subconsious ab movment, so it will work your abs to hell. I was shocked one day when i came in and my abs were hurtin'

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »

also, Many people dont realize that your body's core balace comes from subconsious ab movment, so it will work your abs to hell. I was shocked one day when i came in and my abs were hurtin'

i noticed stomach muscles when i was trying pinky squeaks, try doing ones and jumping very high, i was breathing heavily after 10 attempts...

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:22:36 AM »
my story is the same as Thlayli with the computer stuff

but i weighted ~135 and after i was riding for a few months i went to ~150 and now i stay between 150 and 155. i thought it was pretty badass that i gained that much "i'm pretty sure it was muscle" in that much time.
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Offline flatxland

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 01:36:30 AM »
For me it's opposite, before I started biking I weighed about 105-110 at about 5 '10 (yes im very skinny) but after a year and half of riding im at 120 and its from muscle from biking, even other people have been noticing a change so you do gain muscle from biking.