Author Topic: CFO Flatland Unlimited 5, March 13-15, 2009, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (Read 50648 times)

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker

I just want to help get the word out and the hype up.

There's even a facebook group I made for the event.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=46914964902&ref=ts

Plenty of notice, so riders coming from a distance (cough, Texas, cough), hopefully you guys are able to plan around this.

This event, for various reasons, have been having smaller turnouts in the recent past compared to a few years back.  When I first started going to these events, the amateur/expert class would always fill up all 40 spots, and the pro turnout was amazing.

For the sake of flatland, I would love to see this event go back to that state.

I'm not actually part of the organizers, but feel free to post up any questions and I'll try my best to help you out.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
Re: CFO Flatland Unlimited 5, March 13-15, 2009, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »
gee Prash..you didnt even cough up Georgia..lol..

i wonder if ATH and ATL could combine forces to......

im gonna work on this!
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline Actual

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
I'm flyin back for this one!!!!!!!

Like Prasheel stated, the numbers are dropping but the event is run better than ever.
Every year we run this, people are saying that it is the best contest they've ever been too...topping the previous years event!

COME
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:14:40 PM by Actual »
Cp

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »
I'm so in, when am I not in for this?! And I swear to make it to the beer store this time.

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »
Christian you had better have some new tricks this year lol.

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 08:02:16 AM »
I got nothing. Absolutely nothing. I spent a good deal of this year in a cast and off the bike. I feel ashamed. I still have the same tires from this year on my bike.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
I'm so excited for Rob to destroy me in the finals.

1. Rob Shaw
2. Prasheel
17. Alex Poirier

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
Haha, I don't know about destroying anybody(except alex, he must be brought down lol). Let's just say I've been hanging with the perce snatcher a bit much and I may have picked up a thing or two. And I may have stolen some of lachlan's stuff ;D

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
I believe it.

Note to everyone else, you should probably only aim for second place or lower, otherwise you'll be disappointed with your placing as a direct result of Rob taking first.

Go Edmonton!

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 05:04:57 PM »
I think I'll do just as well this year as I did last year! At least I make people look good! *Note, everyone MUST buy a set of my pegs if they place higher than I do*

but on a more serious note, I'm just going to wrap the hell out of my legs and work on getting halfpackers. I had them down at the all brown jam the day I shattered my foot. I just haven't practiced them at all the rest of the year. SO! As a challenge to Mr Rob Shaw, I will attempt to learn a new trick in 3 days, You must do the same! We'll decide on the trick when we meet up.

timk4130!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:14 PM »
ill be there regaurdless if i compete or not this year. I think the only way i would not compete is if i dont have this 1 piticular trick on lock-down, but i have some work that still needs to happen. Hell i have till what? March? lol =)

Offline Actual

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
Rob. how many of the crew are coming out this year? We have to drag Cory to this one....
Cp

Offline AdamJ

• Forkglider
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »
REMEMBER:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/whti-ivho/land-terrestre-eng.html

As of January 31, 2008, Canadian citizens entering the United States by land must present one of the following valid documents:

a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s licence, PLUS a birth certificate or citizenship card;
a passport;
a NEXUS card;
a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card;
an enhanced driver’s licence (EDL) or an enhanced identification card (EIC) from a province or territory where a U.S. approved EDL/EIC program has been implemented;
a Certificate of Indian Status; or
for those aged 18 years and under, only proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or citizenship card, is required.

Upon full implementation of the U.S. WHTI on June 1, 2009, Canadian citizens will be required to present one of the following valid WHTI-compliant documents when entering the United States by land:

a passport;
a NEXUS card;
a FAST card; or
an EDL or EIC from a province or territory where a U.S. approved EDL/EIC program has been implemented.

http://www.explore.canada.travel/ctc/ke/things_to_know_2.jsp?cat=4004&localeId=16

1. Do I need a passport to enter Canada?

On June 1, 2009, a new American law known as the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) will require U.S. citizens 16 years of age or over who re-enter the United States by land and sea to have a passport or other appropriate secure document like a NEXUS card.

Until this date arrives, U.S. citizens 19 years and older who enter the U.S. at land and sea ports of entry from within the Western Hemisphere will need to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, or a passport. Children age 18 and under will be able to enter with proof of citizenship. Verbal claims of citizenship and identity alone will not be sufficient to establish identity and citizenship for entry into the United States.

International visitors to Canada that are not U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport and visa (if required). Citizens from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Mexico, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia and others do not require a visa to enter Canada. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada online for a complete listing at www.canadainternational.gc.ca.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:25:49 PM by AdamJ »

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
I will try to make it up again in 2009. Had a blast at FU4 !

:beer: :beer: :beer:

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline cory

• Forkglider
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »
Hey Chris. You dont have to worry about dragging me there, I will be there this year for sure. I just did so much travelling last year I didnt want to go anywhere this year.Just wanted to stay home and learn a bunch of new stuff. I also decided to take 5 months and film a new video section and that always burns me out for a couple months after. But I will be there for sure and I hope to get some of the guys from vancouver and saskatoon, winnepeg as well as edmonton. Cant wait.