Author Topic: 'Battle in the Gallery' S. London, 28-29 March 2009  (Read 17524 times)

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Re: 'Battle in the Gallery' S. London, 28-29 March 2009
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
Sounds delightful ; )
Flat-ism

Offline fit.

• Hitchhiker
    • http://petr.vaverka.net
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »
any results?

Offline Sliver

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
The contest never took place due to problems with the floor, everyone went to TGM on both Sat & Sun instead, approx 40 riders ! which was cool to see. I'm sure some vids from TGM will appear over the next week or so..

Offline stmaz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:35 PM »
Even tho the Battle never went down, major props gotta go out to GRIFF for the idea and getting the whole thing off the ground. The guy worked really Hard. Thanks man!!
The Gallery was still used for the after party and Art exhibition.
Plenty of ridin still went down on the poor battered floor over the course of the weekend.

The main riding happened at the Mile on the Sunday which turned into a massive jam! Saturday was cool but dodgy UK weather forced proceedings into the pub! was awesome to see so many riders from all over Europe hit the Mile and lay down some mental combo's. A short vid of a few riders will be online asap! A few people filmed so may be a few vids floating about hopefully soon!

Once again was a shame the battle never happened but a good time was still had by all!

Thanks to Griff, The Gallery and The Green Mile for a dope weekend.

Peace....

bmxhirsch

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 01:53:50 AM »
Hey there,

I really enjoyed my stay in London. Althogh the Battle never happened really. It was very difficult to ride in the Gallery. Maybe it would have been better to do everything on saturday evening and night. In less time. Short and sweet. The atmosphere there was really good. Big props to Griff!! It was just too good to do session with all the riders at TGM.
Thanks again to Griff for doing this interesting event and the free booze!

Cheers Thomas

Offline flatlove

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Just wanna say thanks to everyone at the mile on Sunday for being so welcoming and cool to Me and Sam. I had the best day in a real long time. Thanks to Griff for the organising cos even though the riding didn't go down in the Gallery, he still stirred up enough riders to put together an amazing session at the mile. Cheers to Effraim, Dave, James and everyone else there(sorry, i'm terrible with names.) Hopefully see everyone down there for the next jam. Thanks again. Chris

Offline PascalNanko

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
Ok Hey to everyone.
first of all I was very dissapointed from this contest, and trust me I'm not alone with that feelings. I paid over 240 € to get to london and WASTE my time on this event. I was so f*cked off and spend my time with the czech guys on sunday because we were soo angry we didn't even go to the "contest" area.
Never the less i can imagine how difficult it has to be to organisate such an event. I'm very happy to meet so many riders and it was quite fun to ride at the green mile spot.

cheers Pascal
Btw sorry for my bad English

Offline Daniel Fuhrmann

• Hitchhiker
  • www.kunstform.org
    • http://www.kunstform.org
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
Hello everyone !! Just come back from London. The riders of England are amazing and so friendly. I think it was good that the contest never happend because so it was possibil to enjoy the riding without any pressure and problems of space at the green mile. I will come back again. Ride on we see us at monaco !!

I'm very proud of this foto :-) !!

Phil Dolan , Daniel Fuhrmann, James White

Greeting from Germany!! Daniel

Offline fit.

• Hitchhiker
    • http://petr.vaverka.net
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2009, 10:33:27 PM »
ok, so i have also something to say even though a wasn't in london this week. i really don't get it how somebody can organize such a contest. i heard the event took place in some kinde of factory where the floor was as sh*tty as it could be. there was 40 riders and the contest didn't go down! that is a shame! how come griff didn't know it isn't possible to ride the place? i think i would be much more disapointed then pascal was. because spending 240 euros just like that that is bad! hope griff got a lesson and knows what to do better next time. didn't mean to be such a jerk, but i could resist to write something.

p.

Offline ivan-flaterOS

• Hitchhiker
  • Sonic!!!
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »
Phil and James look sooo old :P

Offline Sliver

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009, 11:18:06 PM »
That's because they are  ^_^ ^_^