Author Topic: the best freecoaster???  (Read 7104 times)

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
Re: the best freecoaster???
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 07:58:55 AM »
I have boo, and it never worked well since the day I bought it.
I have a nankai as a spare, which works perfectly, so when my patience blows up - I'll switch.

Offline Max-TPC

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
Hi i have an Ares boo too ,

and at the start i have problems like you and i was very angry because it doesn't work  :wacko: :angry:, and after i have get out a washer(beetween the spring and the cone )  in the freecoaster and i have cut the spring a little , and after do that it work perfectly and now i can say that's the best freecoaster for me . :rolleyes: :P

But if you don't do this thing Ares boo isn't good , I think Ares company should do that before and it's not to us to do that !!!

Offline Question

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »
Nankai has been around forever which should tell you something considering that people still swear by them to this day. I for one will never run another freecoaster ever. Like people have said before in this post when the hub is set up right very little mantaince. just take the time an learn how to work on a nankai properly then all your problems will be solved.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 07:13:46 PM »
I had to go through many problems with my Geisha as well, but now it works perfectly.
please post more concrete (like up by doogles) answers on the question 'which one is better' choosing between khe geisha and nankai techno lite because still i can't appoint the better

khe isn't 48h what i need but will nankai work so well as geisha on the 4 sealed bearings?

Mine is 48h, I have the street version.

Offline Qij

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »
eliasbiker i was talking about geisha for flatland

anyway i convinced for nankai. i hope that if i get it will not appear new :P

Offline ColinSmith

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 11:25:50 PM »
I thought about trying a Geisha, but it seems a big hassle to get a 48hole, 3/8" axle, 12t cog version? Like you have to buy the street version and then add the extra parts?

In the end I just got a Profile shell for the old Nankai and finished building that up tonight, see how it goes tomorrow.

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 11:26:47 PM »
lot of riders use the steet version but i don't really know the difference except the #of spokes and the colour.. is there any other difference between geisha and geisha street? :huh:
flatland lives!

Offline ColinSmith

• Backpacker
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »
I think the street version has a bigger internal axle, stronger, little heavier.
There are some comparisons on the new KHE site.

Offline kamera

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 09:57:16 AM »
  I heard that G-sport is goign to release freecoaster. Meybe someone knows something about that?

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »
this it true and is being worked on at the moment aswell as a wethepeople freecoaster being tested now by james smith. hes been doing street on it too so it will be a strong one

Offline x james x

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 02:12:19 AM »
  I,m running a new nankia techno lite 9 tooth . All I can say is I loooove this thing . It has all most no slack somewhere around 5 degrees or less .

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 02:29:47 AM »
lot of riders use the steet version but i don't really know the difference except the #of spokes and the colour.. is there any other difference between geisha and geisha street? :huh:

I asked Bram Verhallen and he told me that there's no difference between them. Only the number of holes and the color are different.

rully

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »

I asked Bram Verhallen and he told me that there's no difference between them. Only the number of holes and the color are different.

true

Pat and Justin also confirmed this coz i asked about this too before i bought mine.

Offline ColinSmith

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 04:16:04 AM »
Oops, you're right, I mis-read something. Sorry for any confusion.

Offline Ollo

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 09:25:36 AM »
i agree with the posts about the ares boo hassles. i've been ridin it for about 3 month and it doesn't work properly – even after replacing the washer and putting it in again. it doesn't make a difference. and this is the second one. the first didn't work at all, so i gave it back.
i also rode two nakai hubs before. the first one did last for at least 4 years with few maintenance. but the second was grinding the bearings every 2-4 weeks. in the end the bearing-sockets got  unjust.
the best freecoaster i ever rode was the odyssey reloader. quite heavy but if one doesn't care 'bout that – zero maintenance, working 100%, minimal gap. but weight is very importent in flatland today...