Author Topic: The general effects of *ahem* substances on riding?  (Read 13829 times)

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
The general effects of *ahem* substances on riding?
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »
So yea word  ;D T minus 23hrs til I'm a married foo. Jr's sleeping so I figured I'd pose this question while I had the time and the Mrs. is away. So I lit up today and rode. I wasn't blasted but it got me thinking. Now that I'm getting in better shape riding, I'm wondering how riding will effect my progression/endurance. Now it's common sense if I did not smoke, riding would be ALOT easier and better for my overall cardio. However, on the flip, I've read Chase Gouin's story on his experiences. Seems he indulged a bit as well. We all know how ridiculous the man he is. I have a theory on smoking and riding/music. To me it tends to enhance the "flow". It allows me to be creative. This all said - on the health side - I plan on riding hard and generally training. I'm not neccessarily opposed to cutting way back. I may have to w school/work and and being a parent/husband.

Anyhow what's your thoughts on the subject those of you who smoke and ride. Unbiased truth please. Thank you! \m/\m/  :beer: \m/\m/  :beer:
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline jerr6

• Cliffhanger
Re: The general effects of *ahem* substances on riding?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:20:02 AM »
i def like it better after indulging in some cheeba. i think i concentrate/focus harder. i also enjoy posting on GF after smoking

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:06 AM »
I don't really ride "better" when I ride high, but I don't stress as much, and can consequently spend more time riding (and thus get more practice) because the frustration doesn't fully set in and cause the "f*ck it" moment.

But I've been "dry" pretty much since July, which is probably why I've had sh1t sessions and hardly any motivation.

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:41:54 AM »
depends what kind i smoke... Anything to heavy and im out... a joint before a session usually helps out my flow. Problem is that i smoke really good stuff (afghan kush and the like) and it just knocks you out. I tried to session one time while BLAZED out of my mind... i just ended up sitting on the floor for 3 hours with my bike by my side :ph34r:
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:23:48 AM »
Now David, what kind of example is that as a Moderator  :P ;D :beer: Kidding dawg! Thanks guys for the response. Sh!t sounds like I should hang w you Dave...we can ponder the meaning of the word bike, come up w anagrams of how our souls are connected to our prospective rides and stand in amazement of all that is flat! Really cool to know I'm not alone. I never realized how well (to me) riding and hittin' it go together. Cheers dudes  :beer:

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:48:31 AM »
 I barely barely smoke..Prob like 10 times in my life.And Im a lightweight at it...Basically the one time I smoked and rode I was trying random new sh*t with full on confidence...It was great..I wanna do it again definately...

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 02:52:15 AM »
Now David, what kind of example is that as a Moderator  :P ;D :beer: Kidding dawg! Thanks guys for the response. Sh!t sounds like I should hang w you Dave...we can ponder the meaning of the word bike, come up w anagrams of how our souls are connected to our prospective rides and stand in amazement of all that is flat! Really cool to know I'm not alone. I never realized how well (to me) riding and hittin' it go together. Cheers dudes  :beer:

Dude... do you know how many flatlanders,and pro flatlanders there are that 'smoke'??It makes sense cuz they go together so well

ozz

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 03:03:10 AM »

Dude... do you know how many flatlanders,and pro flatlanders there are that 'smoke'??It makes sense cuz they go together so well
+1 ;D ;D :P :huh: :P

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 03:25:25 AM »
I fall alot riding drunk.
altho its ususal alot of fun.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 03:34:31 AM »
also enjoy posting on GF after smoking

;D
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 04:19:34 AM »
Man, stay away from that stuff.  It's probably been 16 years or so since I even took as much as a puff.  I wasn't even riding back then.  I don't see how you can do anything after doing a puff or two.  I guess that's just me...  I don't even eat before I ride. 

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 05:06:57 AM »
See that's it Stubbleduck - The "artist" in me digs it yet the logical person in me wonders if I'd be better or worse off riding w/o. In some ways I think conditioning wise I'd be better but I've kinda got my share of mental difficulties (lol) and cheeb is better than some of the meds I was prescribed, though I am guilty of passing moderation and getting @ssed out. Guess riding plus weed was always one of those things I never knew about cause I was so oblivious to it all back then lol

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 05:24:04 AM »
Pot does nothing for me, neither does alcohol. I metabolize alchohol super fast and I get all the bad effects, and none of the good ones - so I don't even bother. Pot does NOTHING for me.

I have no problem with a little ganja for others, in fact I really do belive it ought to be legal and taxed to hell like tobacco and alcohol.

To do while or before riding? Riding in-and-of itself is a gift to be able to do. I think we take for granted that we actually get to get up using totally able limbs and muscles and balance on a bicycle. Some aren't so lucky - look at all the disabled and sick who don't get to partake in ANY activity, let alone a physical one.

I say, don't ruin the experience of riding with a mind or mood altering drug, man. Riding is a gift to be able to do, beginner or advance - why take any part of it away? Enjoy your smoke, enjoy your riding - there's no advantage of mixing the two.

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 06:09:02 AM »

+1 ;D ;D :P :huh: :P

+3...

no wait... i mean +2

Man, stay away from that stuff.  It's probably been 16 years or so since I even took as much as a puff.  I wasn't even riding back then.  I don't see how you can do anything after doing a puff or two.  I guess that's just me...  I don't even eat before I ride. 

i cant eat if im going to ride... it throws me off. I dont eat when i have to do any kind of work. its a bad habit though since i will sometimes go whole days without eating anything.

AND STEAL MY WEED!

yeah ok fine. i havent done any in about 2 weeks now. god damn wheels set me back a lot of cash. Second i get 300 bucks im going to get myself a half-o, rip off some newbs and sell it for 500, then get another half o, smoke half of that, and rip off some more noobs and sell that quarter o for 300 bucks.

weed comes free if you try  ;D ;D ;D

heh... i used to buy these dimes off of this kid that were packed like crazy. I would then resell them to kids as dubs since they looked like dubs. It was street weed but it wasnt half bad. I wonder what happened to that kid. I havent seen him in months ;D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 06:24:20 AM »
i heard that heroin is even better than weed for improving your riding.
and that it's better than sex.
but that's another story