Author Topic: I ran from the police for the third time.  (Read 17100 times)

Offline Mr.Proctor

• Team
  • Backpacker
Re: I ran from the police for the third time.
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »
find out if there is a penal code for it.... and next time be like im not breaking the law am i? ( if there is no Penal code) i dont know were you live but its not hard to find out Penal codes if there are any for certain things. like ive been kicked out of schools before only cuz im a liability to them if i get hurt, (but there is no law against it.)or there should not be.and most of the time a cop will be like what ever and alot of the time they will just sit in there car and watch. ive had cops pass me before while im riding and they just keep on Driving.

Offline Mr.Proctor

• Team
  • Backpacker
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 10:32:19 PM »
eah. You have a point. And the Jews deserved to be exterminated because, well, it was the law at the time, and Hitler had hung a few sings around town saying so. Makes sense to me.

godwinned; thread over, you lose

you mean God won?

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 10:43:18 PM »
One thing is for sure, punks leave the place when threathned with police, that's just ain't the solution, either you leave before when someone has the unfortunate idea of remind you that the sign is there or you just dont go there in the first place.

You dont run from the authorities, you face your responsabilities, you know you couldn't ride there because of the legislation, you still rode, someone showed up and told you not to continue (with or without respecting you, it's not the point here), you keep doing it in a clearly defiant atitude, either you leave orderly and quietly or you pay the price.

That's the right thing to do.

Everytime someone asked me to leave my riding spot, I did, i didn't let anyone threaten me with cops, most of the times these type of people are uncapable of maintaining a civilized conversation, in that case I don't even try to do that, I just obey and leave, Im the one whos wrong anyway..

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
great story Mr. Jowee.......well writen.

i dealt with a similar situation. i got told by the cops in these exact word "get the f#ck out of here".

when i approached him his wording changed. i had a conversation with the cheif the next day which went nowhere. i say f#ck'm.......ride there, rip that court up....and run when you have to. it's almost 2009, these kind of sports have been around long enough that we should be accomodated.....period.

i live in one of the most corrupt cities in the US. if you name isnt Denaples....or folley you are not getting sh#t......period. have you people would'nt believe me if i told you some of the stuff officials and athority pull around here.

how about cops that steel from home depot to build their house? and have other cops cover them. how about the jail warden takeing inmates from jail to work on his house?....while on duty.

f#ck you go talk to the athorities............been there.

sometimes in life you just have to "go for yours"...

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 01:39:19 AM »
I'm sorry Hugo, but I can't just roll over and give up. Yes, I am breaking the rules and possibly the law, but those rules are unjustified. Punks may run, but idiots stay to face a possible arrest or fine due to breaking a law that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 02:29:35 AM »
eah. You have a point. And the Jews deserved to be exterminated because, well, it was the law at the time, and Hitler had hung a few sings around town saying so. Makes sense to me.

godwinned; thread over, you lose

you mean God won?

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 02:30:24 AM »
Just because its made for tennis doesn't mean ur not part of the public. I see people play soccer in roller hockey rinks, Football on soccer fields, and people with pocket bikes on walking pathes. All of which people never get sh*t for.

Good point, But...what does city planning have to say around this in regards to documents when they built these tennis courts. I'd just go to the city and straight up and say, I need a place to do my sport, where can I do this without being arrested? You want people to stay fit, off drugs well this is what I like that is constructive and healthy, give me a spot and address my needs and rights for public park use Mutherf*ckers! (;D :P). Let them know you intend to speak to the media, and remember this is election time, stick'em on youth initiatives,  hey, every vote counts. They should know that riding saves your life...well

Be smart and bring the ball in your court. Make yourself visible, YOU ARE A TAX PAYER!!!!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:08:24 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
 Just bring some tennis stuff to the court ,start hitting balls around when people come.Pretend to be all serious about it.Then after 20 mins practice some tricks...When they ask what your doing tell them its a new workout technique that supplements your tennis playing...Throw some pushups and sh*t in too..

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
Where do you find this stuff lmao???

Oh know it's some sh!tty kids and a boy looking girl in sh!tty uniforms here to kick our arses! Highlights - Bunnyhop180 to nuts and the pointless/obilgatory slow mo hop/jump over another bike. Look out boys - it's the next step in the MMA evolution - Bicycle MMA haha

Here's how you handle those pesky tennis players and police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qve-THEDTs0

Your welcome.

Brian
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2008, 10:52:07 PM »
I'm sorry Hugo, but I can't just roll over and give up. Yes, I am breaking the rules and possibly the law, but those rules are unjustified. Punks may run, but idiots stay to face a possible arrest or fine due to breaking a law that shouldn't exist in the first place.

So now the idiots are the ones who face responsabilities for their actions? I like that point of view but I could swear that wasn't true until you wrote it..

I fully understand your frustration but your a man god damn, if you don't want to have to run from the police than simly don't break the rules, period.

Each time you defy authority you will go even lower on their consideration scale, if you were even there in the first place of course.

Either you like it or not, when you have something like a vertical sign that clearly states the type of usage the space is meant to withstand, you alone are nobody to be judging the fairness of it.
It's there for some reason, and since it is there, if the cops actually catch you one of these days, and since you're beginning to get a history with those people, you will get nailed..

I'm sure you can find other places to ride, even they are far from your home, it's better han be persecuted by hillbillies..

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
I recently wrote that this wouldnt happen here but something similar did actually happen today. No police involvement but still..

I was riding today in my fav tennis court and this guy was practising his shots with a tennis ball outside the fence, against this wooden wall theyve built for just that. Every now and then he accidently shot a ball over the fence and it landed in the court so I threw it over to him. Then after some 15 minutes of riding his friend shows up and they are about to play. So they come into the court Im in and tell me they'll play and that Ive to go to the court next to the one Im in.
  Why the fu*k cant they play there instead?! Both courts are in equal condition and theyre next to each other..Here I try to be nice and I get that back..Pisses me off..

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »
I recently wrote that this wouldnt happen here but something similar did actually happen today. No police involvement but still..

I was riding today in my fav tennis court and this guy was practising his shots with a tennis ball outside the fence, against this wooden wall theyve built for just that. Every now and then he accidently shot a ball over the fence and it landed in the court so I threw it over to him. Then after some 15 minutes of riding his friend shows up and they are about to play. So they come into the court Im in and tell me they'll play and that Ive to go to the court next to the one Im in.
  Why the fu*k cant they play there instead?! Both courts are in equal condition and theyre next to each other..Here I try to be nice and I get that back..Pisses me off..

As much as "taking the high ground" morally is the right thing to do,  f*ck with the net a little.  I'm serious, just let a little tension off so it sags a bit on the court you like.  Don't do any permanent damage but make it appear like the less desirable court and you will be rewarded.

Brian

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »
LOL I'd never thought about that!

Sadly the courts around where I live are all football/basketball/handball, tennis nets are only used when people rent the court for that effect only.

Offline Mr.Proctor

• Team
  • Backpacker
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
so i talked to my friend who is a cop and hes pretty sure you would not get in too much trouble if you just told the cops what you were doing. but since you ran that is considered a felony and you could get in trouble for running. i.e. a ticket or jail time.

Offline JIMBO420

• Backpacker
  • HARDCORE
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »
They're kinda strict in the 'burbs,lol.
I can honestly say that I have never been kicked out of any of my spots riding flat. Even at the high school tennis courts, I dont get bothered.
Just stay off the soccer fields and all is cool.

BTW Mr. JOWEE, PHUCK THEM FAT OLD RICH WHITE GUYS!!!